Jump to content

Only right side speakers work with new EQ added


Recommended Posts

I installed an EQ/line driver to my setup, but only get sound out of the speakers hooked up on the right side RCA. If I put the left side RCA in the right side spot, the left ones work. When I completely unhooked EQ, and went all RCAs straight to deck, everything works fine. This is actually the 3rd brand new EQ I've tried putting in, that does the exact same thing. 1st 2 eqs were Kicker brand (same model, 2nd one was sent as warranty replacement, this current one is a SoundStream 9 band unit. I asked in a few other places and no one had any idea. Is my deck the culprit?? What would cause this issue? Thanks in advance!!

 

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, imfrom210texas said:

I installed an EQ/line driver to my setup, but only get sound out of the speakers hooked up on the right side RCA. If I put the left side RCA in the right side spot, the left ones work. When I completely unhooked EQ, and went all RCAs straight to deck, everything works fine. This is actually the 3rd brand new EQ I've tried putting in, that does the exact same thing. 1st 2 eqs were Kicker brand (same model, 2nd one was sent as warranty replacement, this current one is a SoundStream 9 band unit. I asked in a few other places and no one had any idea. Is my deck the culprit?? What would cause this issue? Thanks in advance!!

 

Have you tried using a whole new set of RCA's? 

You can test the voltage coming out of the RCA's. See if you have voltage on both sides. If not, check the RCA jack on the head unit and see if both sides are sending a signal

Edited by Dafaseles

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

Have you tried using a whole new set of RCA's? 

You can test the voltage coming out of the RCA's. See if you have voltage on both sides. If not, check the RCA jack on the head unit and see if both sides are sending a signal

To be honest, I just unhooked the EQ totally, and just went direct to radio and everything works fine. The only RCA set that would leave, that could be bad, would be the main set from EQ to radio. I haven't checked that one. If I check and that one is good, what would your next guess be? I mean, literally 3 brand new EQs have done the same thing. It's frustrating af lmao

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, imfrom210texas said:

To be honest, I just unhooked the EQ totally, and just went direct to radio and everything works fine. The only RCA set that would leave, that could be bad, would be the main set from EQ to radio. I haven't checked that one. If I check and that one is good, what would your next guess be? I mean, literally 3 brand new EQs have done the same thing. It's frustrating af lmao

I feel it has to be the RCA's or the RCA outputs on the head unit. If you've used 3 brand new EQ's, and they've all done the same thing, it's not the EQ. I don't see it being any amplifiers either

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 169 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...