Jump to content

Tuning with volt meter


Recommended Posts

Posted

I’ve don’t some research and watched tons of videos on tuning with a volt meter because I don’t own a o scope. My questions is, when I set the EQ can I turn the bass on my door speakers all the way down like I would want them. Or does it have to be at the default EQ

Posted

If your head unit EQ only effects door speakers and not RCA output then yeah. Buy yourself a scope though, if you're that concerned. They are really inexpensive now and there are plenty that are plenty good under $100. I think there's not really a way to accurately tune with just a volt meter... it won't tell you whether your waves are coming out cleanly. Just my opinion though since I tend to tune by ear and my shit is probably distorting lol

Posted
14 minutes ago, CFD said:

If your head unit EQ only effects door speakers and not RCA output then yeah. Buy yourself a scope though, if you're that concerned. They are really inexpensive now and there are plenty that are plenty good under $100. I think there's not really a way to accurately tune with just a volt meter... it won't tell you whether your waves are coming out cleanly. Just my opinion though since I tend to tune by ear and my shit is probably distorting lol

Okay. Thanks for your help man. Your right I should just buy one and do it the right way. Appreciate the help 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4783 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...