Second Skin Audio

Kicker 12“ L7 Qclass in 2.25 @ 32hz

58 minutes ago, Joe X said:

The enclosure specs check out basically, small difference is due to the driver displacement of different drivers. Port area 37.5 sqin.

You know you could have a leak after the messy job of changing the driver hole from round to square, do you have a picture or pictures of that?

The square cut out was actually a 1/16" larger than the round cutout radius. 

I may pull the sub out and add a bead of silicone in all the corners inside the box to make sure there is no leakage from the enclosure into the port area.   I know there are no external air leaks.   

I'm thinking the enclosure may just be wrong for the truck cabin. Woofer and port are both facing up and behind the driver seat.    

PXL_20220104_014914431.jpg

PXL_20220104_015002906.jpg

PXL_20220104_014903508.jpg

Well besides the checks mentioned and the leaks (box terminals and driver), I'd suggest you to completely block the port and run sealed, if issues correct themselves then it's the ported system limitations that are nagging you, since you have been running sealed for a while now it makes sense to try that test.

4 hours ago, Joe X said:

Well besides the checks mentioned and the leaks (box terminals and driver), I'd suggest you to completely block the port and run sealed, if issues correct themselves then it's the ported system limitations that are nagging you, since you have been running sealed for a while now it makes sense to try that test.

Didn't even cross my mind to block off the port...  Great idea,. Thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2022 at 12:58 AM, Nineteen69mach1 said:

Didn't even cross my mind to block off the port...  Great idea,. Thank you! 

Hopefully you will one day you will tell us how you fixed your problem but above all how you picked an entry level sub to match the quality of that $5500 Morel component set which according to some they are the best there is at any price.

Archived