Sundown Audio

Running high voltage amps i have a T60.0k taramp amp and 2 taramp hv20k chipeo amplifiers need info

Lil tony

Im looking to install either the taramps T60.0k amp or the 2 taramp hv20k chipeo amplifiers on 4 avatar 1546 subs. I been searching for info on the 60k but wasn’t successful. If anyone can help me with info on that amplifier itll be great. What type of power im looking at on how many batteries and the least batteries i can use up to the max batteries i can use. 

Google will tell you everything you need to know.

Ideally you need 22+ 12 volt batteries to run the T60.0K amp, every battery needs to be wired in series 22 x 12 = 264 volts DC (not a 12 volt amp), ideally the closer to 400 volts dc the better which means more than 22 batteries wired in series.
The HV20k amps are the same way, but you will need about 13 12volt batteries wired in series to achieve the needed input voltage the amps want.

That is a lot of voltage for a person that cant even take the 5 seconds to google that info, but the real fun begins when you need to charge all those batteries because an alternator is not going to do that. I think Sancheezy is the only one that tried to use these high voltage amps for musical installs and he fought battle after battle with them until finally tossing in the towel and giving up. 

So unless your goal is to go BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP for 3 seconds I wouldn't suggest using them because the only thing they have really going for them is the cheap price tag.

Im familiar with using them just the information on the batteries that I could not find. I saw a manual on the 20k that said 9 batteries up to 13 batteries. 10,500 watts with 9 batteries not sure on how true that is. And someone stating that the t60k minimum batteries was 8 total. I used 12v setups also but everything is getting expensive from wiring,lithium,alternators and amps. I was giving the high voltage amps on a deal and decided to go with that till i get everything i need for 12v

It's 100volts minimum, which is 8 batteries but don't expect it to put out anywhere close to rated power since its 1/3 of the wanted/needed voltage of 296volts from my understanding from their listed specs, so just like any other amp a lack in voltage will result in a lack of output wattage. The voltage range is 100-400 volts dc for the  60k. The high input voltage needed is essentially being used like a traditional 12volt amps rail voltage the gets stepped up internally to something much higher.

Car audio is expensive, either way you are still going to need lots of wiring, lots of batteries to run these amps, then you are going to need to find a suffient way to charge all these batteries without having to disconnect every battery separately to charge them, so you'll probably be spending more on a higher voltage charger than you would on an alternator.

Archived