Second Skin Audio

TS Parameters Sundown x15v3

BumpedCX5

I agree they're super slow on updates. I'm going to build a generic ported enclosure tuned around 28Hz and see how I like it. I'll make the port removable so that I can fine tune from there. I've no reason to think their enclosure suggestions won't work well for the ported alignments but I do like to play around with 6th order enclosures which imo demand more accuracy to implement properly and thus require accurate TS values. If they don't have driver specs out by then I'll harass customer support until they give them to me or *gasp* use a another company's product.

Yeah for sure once its loosened up a bit they would be and it could potentially come down to doing that. Just seems like a shit deal that one would have to resort to measuring drivers themselves after spending a decent chunk of change on them. All good I'll make it work one way or another.

• 3 weeks later...

Man I have a x15v3d2 sundown audio. All I could find after some digging was that the box needed to be 4.25 ft³ and the port needed to be something like 62-64 in³ and tuned to 32hz. That's about all I could find on mine. No paperwork or nothing. I pulled some designs up online close to this and built the box and imma tell you im very impressed with the x15 v3 d2 15" subwoofer.  Very very impressed and will buy sundown from now on probably.  This thing hits so hard my wipers bounce off the windshield. I got the taramp smart3 1-2ohm 3000rms monoblock and oh my God you would be amazed at the sheer power of the amp and the bass the speaker puts out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived