Second Skin Audio

TS Parameters Sundown x15v3

BumpedCX5

Anybody ever measured these subs? Response I got from Sundown was that they don't recommend TS parameters be used to design enclosures. Maybe I'm a little old school using parameters to work on an enclosure design but I was surprised that they didn't give them to me. I've been using the specs for the v2 but was hoping for the actual measurements of the $1000 sub I bought. Are enclosures really not being designed with TS parameters anymore? I've been out of car audio for years but never would have thought TS would have become obsolete. Worst comes to worst I'll stick close (ish) to the recommended volumes but it would be nice to have some real numbers to work with.

If you use  WinISD which is not a program designed for car audio and use the classic standard alignments, you would come up with the wrong box specs almost for sure.

That said drivers are and will ever be described by t/s parameters and they are necessary if you are going off spec for a specific application.

I use ISD to get a rough alignment. While I understand it's not ideal for car audio it works good if you understand its limitations and the fact it was designed long before these super subs came along. If I want to play around with 4th/6th order I have an older version of Termpro that I could fire up. For ported I'm not too worried about differences between the v2 and v3 but I guess I figured a company wouldn't have a problem giving TS parameters for a driver that cost close to $1000 here. I figured they would understand that most people buying their subs would be putting them in enclosures that weren't religiously held to their specs. Guess it makes me question what kind of support they'll give down the road if they can't supply a simple spec sheet. Like I said...maybe I'm just stuck in an old way of thinking lol.

They used to post DAAS report sheets long before they updated their page but apparently not anymore, customers though are already taking matters into their own hands as you can see from this post:

You could do the same or maybe wait some,  sub parameters can be measured without any special tools as long as the sub is fully broken in.

Oh yeah I can totally do that but just felt like for what you pay for the damn sub they'd be more than happy to give you the parameters. Used to be a mark of quality when a speaker came with the sheet and only the cheaper shit didn't have specs. I was honestly surprised when they recommended not using parameters to build an enclosure. 

Well it's a step in the right direction. Even inexpensive drivers can be made to sound better in a good enclosure. Unfortunately it's near impossible to make a great driver sound good in a shitty one lol. Either way...1st experience with Sundown and honestly the sub looks amazing but in this instance, customer service probably lost them a sale to another manufacturer for amps. I've no doubt the sub will be great and not doubting their quality...but customer service goes a long way and this time it was lacking.

They will eventually have them listed and they are not withholding them.

Its a rather new driver and I'm sure that info just slipped through the crack and didn't get published yet.

A lot of times they will also post a picture of the T/S on their FB pages as a mean time thing.
Sadly their website is rather outdated and always has been, it appears to take a back seat to more important things such as continuous product r&d and improvements. They don't even have the Zv6 listed on their website yet.

Which is something unheard of in todays companies since the majority of companies are still selling the same products they offered 5+ years ago with no improvements.
I'm not sure who you spoken with when you tried to contact them, but maybe that person doesn't have a clue if you ended up speaking with someone who doesn't fulfill tech support.

Edit, after a not even 5 minutes of looking I found them. 

DC Resistance (Re): 3.80 Ω
Resonance Frequency (Fs): 29.6 Hz
Equivalent Volume (Vas): 58.9 L
Electrical Q Factor (Qes): 0.40
Mechanical Q Factor (Qms): 4.65
Total Q Factor (Qts): 0.37
Voice Coil Inductance (Le): 2.53 mH
Force Factor (BL): 25.6 NA
Moving Mass (incl. Air Load) (Mms): 366.8 g
Suspension Compliance (Cms): 0.08 mm/N
Sensitivity: 87.7 dB 1w / 1m

Xmax = 30mm one-way by 70% BL
RMS Power = 2000-watts

Box Recommendations:
Sealed: N/A
Ported:4.25 cu. ft.
Displacement: 0.22 cu. ft.
Depth: 10.85 in
Outside Diameter: 15.51 in
Cutout Diameter: 13.83 in
Recommended Tuning: 32 Hz
Recommended Port Area: 68 sq. in

Well that is impressive that you found them so quickly. Funny that the coils are different on the v3 and motor as well but they, with the exception of watts, spec out identically to the specs posted for the v2...who would have thought that possible when a simple recone to an SPL unit changes the parameters so much. I did look up their FB page and tried to search it out. Been on a fair few other sites trying to find it too. Didn't think the driver was all that new hasn't the v3 been out almost a year now? Either way I'll be building something off the v2 specs and I've no doubt it'll all work out fine. 

Over a year or not, like I said their site is slow to be updated since they don't even have most current models listed.
That is what WoofersETC has listed for the Xv3, maybe that's not correct.
You should really build off the Zv5 T/S specs and not the Xv2, because the Xv3 is essentially 85% of what the Zv5 was and uses the Zv5 coils.

Archived