JoeyWelch Posted February 21, 2022 Report Posted February 21, 2022 How accurate is it testing delivered speaker wattage with a clamp meter and DMM voltage test? I know it varies with frequency but I’m talking about testing the actual music you would normally be listening to at just UNDER test tone clipping limit. If power was to high, gain, would be backed down to something under speaker rms rating. Would I get an accurate power measurement of real listening conditions?
Dafaseles Posted February 21, 2022 Report Posted February 21, 2022 19 minutes ago, JoeyWelch said: How accurate is it testing delivered speaker wattage with a clamp meter and DMM voltage test? I know it varies with frequency but I’m talking about testing the actual music you would normally be listening to at just UNDER test tone clipping limit. If power was to high, gain, would be backed down to something under speaker rms rating. Would I get an accurate power measurement of real listening conditions? I don't think the clamp and DMM would be able to react fast enough to the changing nature of music. You'd have to break bread and snatch up a AMM-1 2011 Chevy Silverado under construction My build log here. Check it out!
JoeyWelch Posted February 22, 2022 Author Report Posted February 22, 2022 Thanks. I just set them to 75% of the speakers rms using the power x resistance sq root method using test tones. Plenty loud and very clear.
nauc Posted March 14, 2022 Report Posted March 14, 2022 just do this, the test tones are at the very bottom... https://jlaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204374120-Amplifier-Level-Setting-Guide Alpine 9887, Oz 180CS, RF R500X1D, 12" RE SE
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.