CountryBeast199 Posted March 13, 2022 Report Posted March 13, 2022 I have 4 18" fi sp4 v1's I plan on doing a build with, it's either going to be a folded flat wall or a 4th, the issue I have with the 4th is according to recommended specs they need 4-6cuft per sub sealed but I can only fit around 3cuft per sub sealed, so wasn't sure if that would be enough to use them properly in a 4th order or not
Joe X Posted March 13, 2022 Report Posted March 13, 2022 This is the in car performance of the Fi SP4 18 in a Qtc= 0.707 box (in yellow) vs a 3 cubic feet in red sealed boxes: So you be the judge, the smaller the rear (sealed) chamber of a 4th bandpass is the less low end you will get.
CountryBeast199 Posted March 14, 2022 Author Report Posted March 14, 2022 So is the yellow a 4cuft box?
CountryBeast199 Posted March 24, 2022 Author Report Posted March 24, 2022 Hmm ok, I'm now debating even doing a 4th, if i do I can squeeze 3.5 per sealed but I may just do another ported wall or a standard box, idk yet
Joe X Posted March 24, 2022 Report Posted March 24, 2022 Proper airspace for your drivers will always be your best bet and will be louder.
kalilac619 Posted March 25, 2022 Report Posted March 25, 2022 4 hours ago, CountryBeast199 said: Hmm ok, I'm now debating even doing a 4th, if i do I can squeeze 3.5 per sealed but I may just do another ported wall or a standard box, idk yet You’ll be fine with 3 cuft sealed per sub in a 4th order…those box modeling programs need to be taken with a grain of salt since they don’t actually give a accurate cabin gain response graph….I run a 4th order and mine are in around 3cuft sealed per sub and I absolutely murder the lows compared to what my box program suggested it would be…it was about 3 db off of what I got with actual real world cabin gain 2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0 12 JBL Pro audo mids ,6 timpano audio tweets and 1 Prv compression horn per door 475ah of yin long LTOs Triple 370 Amp Autotech Alts mids amps 2 Crescendo Skyway 3ks compreesion horn amp crossfire 800.4 Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4 sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order Best Scores at events… 163.5@38hz DBdrag sealed on the dash… 164.3 outlaw…162.9 Meca headrest
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.