Help With Voltage.

diddent you say your truck was a "welding" truck and you could never get it below 15 volts

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

diddent you say your truck was a "welding" truck and you could never get it below 15 volts

yes i did. it already has a 300 amp generator in plac eof the alternator. but, i found at it has to be above 4000 rpm for it to work right. thats why i have had such a hard time with my lights being so dim. i had to take that out and put a factory ALT in.

----reference's----

meade916

rethink it man..if you get a hc2400 they are $325-$450 depending where you get it from and your just going to put a bigger strain on your factory alt because its one more thing to charge..so for the price of a hc2400 you can get you a high output alt..that is if the battery is the hc2400 model..but eiter way which ever battery its just going to make it harder..

rethink it man..if you get a hc2400 they are $325-$450 depending where you get it from and your just going to put a bigger strain on your factory alt because its one more thing to charge..so for the price of a hc2400 you can get you a high output alt..that is if the battery is the hc2400 model..but eiter way which ever battery its just going to make it harder..

that does make alot of sense. but, i work for a udio shop. retail means nothing to me.

----reference's----

meade916

i thought about changing to better wiring (not kicker though) but the cost out ways the benifets. the wire i wanted to go with is from a very reputable company, but the strand count in 238 more. so to me it is not worth it to buy that wire then take everything out of my truck just to replace 14 feet of 0 awg wiring. when i get batteries i will do that though. and probably do my big 3 in some 0 AWG as well. the caps are there just to see if they did anything. i hate using caps because i know they dont work, but my boss did it to prove a point to our customers. everyone here thinks that a cap is god sent. they honestly dont know that they are worthless. 2.4 farads help my voltage by .5 volts. thats it at full tilt today i dropped to 13.2 at the lowet. but it the LOW bass songs that kill me. i cant even idle at turn it up past like 5 without major voltage drop

----reference's----

meade916

i guarantee you if you get a kinetik HC600, 800 or 1400 in the back you'll gain another .5 .............. add the misslink module and you should be set.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module