BryGuy Posted July 30, 2022 Report Posted July 30, 2022 TLDR: I need a similar spec, but shallow Double DIN head unit to replace my Kenwood Excelon DDX794 which is too deep for my application. DETAILS: I did quite a bit of research when I put the below system together for my vehicle. I spent quite awhile working on it and I managed to get everything set up and sounding great. Unfortunately the head unit is too deep for my application, which was something I never considered since the head unit was the standard depth. I'm looking for something similar to the Kenwood I selected.... obviously without the CD/DVD capability. NEEDS: Shallow Depth (5" or less) Android Support Bluetooth Spotify RCA: Front, Rear, & Sub outputs WOULD LIKE: Rear Camera input (Front Camera input would be great too). Subwoofer controls Similar built-in internal amp (unless you think my amp would suffice by itself) CURRENT HEAD UNIT Kenwood Excelon DDX794 built-in internal amp (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels) 6.95" touchscreen display with customizable background and variable color key illumination built-in Android AOA control and charging of select Android devices (Android version 4.1 and higher) using the USB connection Spotify control with iPhone and Android 13-band equalizer with digital time alignment subwoofer level, phase, and low-pass crossover controls inputs: rear USB input, rear A/V input, front- and rear-view camera inputs outputs: rear video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, subwoofer) FRONT SPEAKERS JL Audio C2-525 REAR SPEAKERS JL Audio C2-650x POWERED SUB Rockford Fosgate PS-8 AMP JL Audio XD400/4v2
killerc998 Posted July 30, 2022 Report Posted July 30, 2022 You could use the DMX706S (2 camera input) or DMX907S (4 camera) which are the excelon multimedia receives. Pretty much any multimedia receiver will be shallow enough. If you are running an amp for mids/highs (doors) the internal amp doesn't matter.
Kyblack76 Posted July 31, 2022 Report Posted July 31, 2022 Get a face plate spacer. They look pretty oem, and you're done. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
BryGuy Posted August 11, 2022 Author Report Posted August 11, 2022 Thanks for both suggestions. Much appreciated. I kinda feel silly about not knowing about the additional multimedia options from Kenwood.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.