Shallow Double DIN Head Unit Advice Needed.

TLDR: I need a similar spec, but shallow Double DIN head unit to replace my Kenwood Excelon DDX794 which is too deep for my application.

DETAILS:  I did quite a bit of research when I put the below system together for my vehicle.  I spent quite awhile working on it and I managed to get everything set up and sounding great.  Unfortunately the head unit is too deep for my application, which was something I never considered since the head unit was the standard depth.  I'm looking for something similar to the Kenwood I selected.... obviously without the CD/DVD capability.  

NEEDS: 

• Shallow Depth (5" or less)
  • Android Support
  • Bluetooth 
  • Spotify
  • RCA: Front, Rear, & Sub outputs

WOULD LIKE:

• Rear Camera input (Front Camera input would be great too).
  • Subwoofer controls
  • Similar built-in internal amp (unless you think my amp would suffice by itself)

CURRENT HEAD UNIT

Kenwood Excelon DDX794

• built-in internal amp (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels) 
  • 6.95" touchscreen display with customizable background and variable color key illumination
  • built-in Android AOA control and charging of select Android devices (Android version 4.1 and higher) using the USB connection
  • Spotify control with iPhone and Android
  • 13-band equalizer with digital time alignment
  • subwoofer level, phase, and low-pass crossover controls
  • inputs: rear USB input, rear A/V input, front- and rear-view camera inputs
  • outputs: rear video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, subwoofer)

FRONT SPEAKERS

JL Audio C2-525

REAR SPEAKERS

JL Audio C2-650x

POWERED SUB

Rockford Fosgate PS-8

AMP

JL Audio XD400/4v2

You could use the DMX706S (2 camera input) or DMX907S (4 camera)  which are the excelon multimedia receives. Pretty much any multimedia receiver will be shallow enough. If you are running an amp for mids/highs (doors) the internal amp doesn't matter. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived