Second Skin Audio

Sub recommendations

vroom

About to start building a system in a extra cab Toyota pickup. Looking for sub recommendations. I've got a Phoenix Gold elite.1 which is 3200w @1ohm and space comfortably available is around 2.5cu ft give or take. Open to suggestions sealed or ported, just needs to be loud and sound good and musical doing it. Appreciate any help

Box will be behind front seats in the extra cab. Pretty much Max measurements would be around 50x14x14 but would prefer not to be that big if I can make it work. As for electrical I have a second battery and will do the big 3 upgrade, also bigger alt if needed

I am going to recommend what I feel is going to give you real output for your power and you can fit that, any other option is going to result in a costly and inefficient setup.

My recommendation in your space 14,14,50 is two 12 that can work in small space like the DC Audio Level 4 which can work in 1.5 cubic feet net each, say ported box specs: 3 cubic feet net tuned to 32-33Hz and about 50-55 square inches of port area which will fit in your space.

So you tell me: BUT I want a smaller box, Then two 10s ported but then you lose about 40% of your cone area and with that a lot of output for the watt, it really defeats the purpose of spending so much money and time in electrical upgrades.

The worst thing you can do is using odd number of subs and/or doing sealed configurations, due to impedance matching and sealed inefficiency respectively. I ONLY recommend sealed for sound quality setups where your primary goal is sound good and power efficiency is not a goal.

Archived