Sonic Electronix

Need AMP rating suggestion for 2 Sundown SA-10 V2’s??

Hey there, so I know Sundown Audio subs can take substantially more power and was wondering what would go good to power 2 SA-10V2 4-ohm 1000w RMS in my Kia Optima daily driver w/ OEM Electronics? I was leaning towards 2500w but I’m worried I would have to upgrade electrical too in order to get proper performance from amp?  Thanx for any reply… but if you’re going to name specific amp, my budget is $500

If you don't want to worry about electrical get a single 15" driver as you have the space, say 1500W sub, you will get comparable output and you will need only light electrical upgrades, big 3 and an AGM battery if you don't play loudly all the time.  For a 2500W system you are likely going to need a HO alternator, lower gauge wiring and an even better battery to gain about 2dB (hardly audible).

If you don't lean to take the advise above or can't, you can get any amp known to put out rated power and of decent brand you want, my only advise is NOT to go for full bridge amps without extensive electrical upgrades done, if you don't want to spend a lot of money and still get rated power and reasonable reliability, get the following:

https://www.down4soundshop.com/down4sound-jp23-v1-5-2300w-rms-amplifier/

It actually does 2450W at 1% THD 14.4V, you can check the tests around the internet.

And then there are other amps.

Archived