Just Curious - What Does It Take To Be A Groundpounder?

Guest iamamp3pimp

• 2 months later...

the OP was just at 2008 Florida State Finals / 2 18" LVL 5 DC's with 2 AI 20.1's

Florida State Champion Bass Race 140-149.9

Florida State Champion Bass Boxing Middleweight Class

depends on where ur from, my neck of the woods a ground pounder is someone geared for everyday play not built for the meter per say but able to make concrete crumble. aka a street jammer, ie myself .

4 I.A. Warden 15s

8 I.A. 20.1s

2010 140.0-149.9 Bass Race Points Champ/Over all champ

2010 140.0-149.9 Bass Race S.C. Regional Champ

2010 FL Regional Middle Weight Champ

2010 INAC Middle Weight Bass Boxing Champ

its all personal opinion, you guys seriously make me laugh, some of you dont even have a system yet your gonna define what a ground pounder is. silly imo

ohh and IMO the original poster is a ground pounder, I can almost garuntee he shakes the ground 2 18's with 4 kws, it shakes the ground real nice Im sure.

I say this becuase RedBarons integra shakes the ground real nice with 2 18s and 6 kws.

• 1 month later...

your daily driver(not a somthing bairly streetable)+ a build geared twards music(not the TL)+ bigest amount of cone area and STABLE power you can aford+ your system being the one that locals compare others to when debateing who is loudest (in your area)= groundpounder..

a cop turned his lights on on me about two blocks before i got to him. he said his sgnt. loves for them to give out boombox tickets(365.00). so after he jump in behind me and pulled me over, he expained he could give me a ticket and so on...., but he just wanted to hear my system in person close up. now in my mind, i'm thinking well maybe he is not sure if he pull over the right car. so i was like hell no. so, he realy had to convince me that he was not going to right me a ticket after i turned it up for him. he explaned to me about three times. then i gave in and did a demo for him and another officer that had just pulled up and got out. they were like HELL NOWWW!!! THATS CRAZY!!!. then they let me go.

now instances like that puts you in the groundpounder class and not just the average street beater. now, i'm not a "big dog" in the groundpounder class at all. I consider myself at an entry level. lol but i do have an astro that i'm building to be a groundpunder with over 40 mids, 10 tweets, and 16 15's that will put me in the "big dog" class of groundpounders..

umalali3.gif

banner2.jpg

I only run a pair of 10" subs but hitting 139db @ 20hz I beleive that puts

me in the ground pounder class.. I'm adding 2 more woofers and Crown A3000gti

over the next couple of weeks..........http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

Archived