this will be a dragged out project (as is the MINI wall...lmao), but i will update my thread as i go.

anyways, my friend started to bag it about a year ago...welds are crappy...4 link is setup wrong, so its getting redone. i was going to get the back end of the frame cut off, and have a new one built, but ive decided on having a full chassis built, fully bagged, and it will also be stock floor body dropped, most like on 20s, maybe 22s.

heres how it sits now. notice how the axle isnt center when its aired out, its becuase the 4 link bars arent angled right.

DSCF2675.jpg

DSCF2676.jpg

DSCF2677.jpg

DSCF2678.jpg

DSCF2679.jpg

looks like your lower bars are too short , thats why the axle is getting sucked forward. good idea to start over , definitely body drop it !!! , those ford's frame hangs down way too low so even if u were to lay frame , ur body would be like 3 '' off the ground , that dont look good!! there is alot of stuff u got to massage to get those fords laid out right, do take it to someone who has done them before !!! good luck also on your project , drag that shit when ur done , and post some pics , im trying to learn how to down load my toyota, mine has a traditional body drop past the pinch weld , so when i drag it actually drags body :P .........

ya the top and bottom bars in general are too short. when i got it made, i didnt plan on laying frame...then i decided to.

and ya, that hanger under the frame needs to go, i was gonna grind it off, but im getting a full chassis built that will be stock floor body dropped!!!

cant wait

ya the top and bottom bars in general are too short. when i got it made, i didnt plan on laying frame...then i decided to.

and ya, that hanger under the frame needs to go, i was gonna grind it off, but im getting a full chassis built that will be stock floor body dropped!!!

cant wait

get a bag on bars setup for your 4link , especially if your gonna run big wheels ( 22'' and up ) . that way you'll get alot of lift , you might also have to tub your rear wheel wells , lotsa work !! , thats why you dont see many explorer and expeditions out there bagged n body dropped. just more incentive to do it and get it done right ! just make sure u use at least 3x3x1/4'' square tubing and gusset the shit out of it!!!! post some pics of your new frame when its done, as you can probably tell , i'm a mini trucker thru n thru !!!! tell me what equip. your putting in ( air suspension ) til then.......

Edited by toyonbags

8 gallon tank, 2 viair 480c compressors, slam specialties RE-6 up front, re-7 bags out back, all SMC 1/2" valves, i have 5/8" line, dont know why i got so big, but ill prally go down to 1/2" line for dumps, i might keep the 5/8 for lift becuase when the system is in, theres gonna be ALOT of weight, so that will help slow it down alot too when lifting up.

i am doing bags on bars btw :)

wheel wells are already gone too. i cant wait to get the new chassis..gonna be powdercoated black (might have to just paint it, depending on the price) but either way its going black, and the 4 link will be setup correctly, welds will be ALOT better, etc..

notch25.jpg