Jump to content

Head Unit with 4 pre-outs. What do I do?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Alright I want to put a 4-channel amp in my jeep. I currently have a Sony mex-n4380bt and it only has a left and right "rear" pre-outs, as well as 2 sub pre-outs. 

headunit.PNG

I'm a car audio nub as of right now. Sorry

Posted

I was planning on getting the Skar SKA7EQ and hooking that up, then running the 4 channel from that as well as a mono amp in the future for a subwoofer. Will my headunit work for this? I don't want to deal with using the hi-input on the amplifier. That was my pan originally but reading up on these different eqs has made me want to go that route. 

 

Any help is much appreciated.

 

My parts list so far is the SKA7EQ and a Skar SK-M400D  

I'm a car audio nub as of right now. Sorry

Posted

The low end solution is using a couple of Y adapters to connect to the 4 channel amp to the head unit but you wouldn't have fader control so the best solution is what you have picked and will work with your head unit no problem.

 

The high end solution is getting a DSP but honestly for an entry level system that solution is probably not worth it.

 

Posted

Okay sweet, thank you

And yeah I've just got 4 speakers for now. Looking at a 6.5 or 8 inch sub and amp down the road.

 

Just to clarify then I would use the "rear" rca on the headunit to the EQ

I'm a car audio nub as of right now. Sorry

Posted

You connect your head unit's  REAR AUDIO OUT outputs to the MAIN-IN inputs of the EQ and you are done.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 901 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...