New 18" Btl Problem

greg662

well i can turn my gain up all the way and the sound doest sound bad at all but i have a clippin light on my bass knob and it will stay lit so if the amp is clippin but doesn't sound bad will my amp or sub still blow? i dont really get what clipping is.

and no vids yet but i hope to get some soon

ok, don't get me wrong, i posted how to set the gains with the voltage rms chart in expo sport's sig. I have never, ever, ever, ran an amp with full gain. like the man said, you are asking for trouble. and I do believe your equipment will fail. Whether it is in a day, or a year, and whether it is your subs, or your amp, noone knows which will go first. but once you hit a certain point, all you are adding is distortion and clipped power which equals equipment failure. just tryin to learn ya somethin man. I don't ever want someone to ruin equipment. just tryin to keep your equipment alive and kickin. and if your line voltage from your reciever is that low, keep your gains in check and get a new deck. like I said, don't take it the wrong way man.

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

no i dont have it up all the way for my daily drivin i just had it all the way up for the bass comp then turned it back down i have my gain set right and the clippin light does not turn on

2 15" DC LVL 5' crescendo 5500 yellow top under the hood and two xs power d3100

Big three upgrade

Rockford Fosgate T162S components in front

Rockford Fosgate T152 in the back

Dynamat everywhere

Understand this, a gain is not a volume knob. It is a signal matching device that should be directly matched with the voltage that you have on your RCA's.

NEVER turn it all the way up.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Archived