Second Skin Audio

06 Civic Sedan Box

so im getting rid of the truck and pickin up an 06 hond civic LX black.

does anyone have a system in one of these..

i want to make a box for it before i get the car

its going to be an audioque either 12 or 15 on a kicker zx1500.1. the trunk of these cars are huge so i want a box big enough for the sub but enough room so i can utalize my trunk somewat.

if someone wants to help me out with a design i would give some cashola your way.

i would like it tuned around 33 htz

i will get some max demensions here shortly.. just seeing if anyone can help me out

btw the car will be getting 18 inch wheels, limo tint, and blacked tails

so im getting rid of the truck and pickin up an 06 hond civic LX black.

does anyone have a system in one of these..

i want to make a box for it before i get the car

its going to be an audioque either 12 or 15 on a kicker zx1500.1. the trunk of these cars are huge so i want a box big enough for the sub but enough room so i can utalize my trunk somewat.

if someone wants to help me out with a design i would give some cashola your way.

i would like it tuned around 33 htz

i will get some max demensions here shortly.. just seeing if anyone can help me out

btw the car will be getting 18 inch wheels, limo tint, and blacked tails

help me out guys

ttt

I installed my friends 2 12" kicker comps in a memphis pre-fab box with about 400 rms for the pair and all I can say is good luck stopping the trunk rattle if you point the subs back. I measured about a 6 cubic foot for the max, the trunk isn't just enormous, but the opening is pretty much the whole trunk so it's easy to slide a big box in. Since it has fold down seats [i'm pretty sure] you could seal it from the trunk with port and sub facing front. depends if you want to focus on SQ, if not then just dont worry about it and slap a big box in there and point subs and port back. Since you still want to use your trunk somewhat, I would go with either sub up port forward, or sub and port forward with about a 4 cube box and the 15"

Edited by hotshot27

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

my wife has an 06 EX Black with tan interior, post up some pics when you start the build. Kinda like to see how it turns out.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

fireshine003.jpg

sorta like that huh? copy cat...... and now i dont have a system yet. but i will be building a box for 2 12s whenever i feel like picking them up.

ha yup except im thowin 18s on it and no crome

how did you tint the tails those look real nice

and damn i hate trunk rattle.. even if i dynomat the shit??

i will for sure post a build log since it looks like ill be the first to have shit bumpin in one of these

you wont be the first to be bumping. go to 8thcivic.com. im sure someone there will help you out. ive seen a few nice setups in these over there.

and for the tail lights.

http://www.testors.com/catalog_item.asp?itemNbr=1243

either that one or another one they have. im too lazy to go get the can. i put about 6 coats on, then finished it off with some krylon touch guard gloss clear coat. i never buffed them which is why they arent that shiny, but im real life they match my rims. which are btw 17s. :)

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

you wont be the first to be bumping. go to 8thcivic.com. im sure someone there will help you out. ive seen a few nice setups in these over there.

and for the tail lights.

http://www.testors.com/catalog_item.asp?itemNbr=1243

either that one or another one they have. im too lazy to go get the can. i put about 6 coats on, then finished it off with some krylon touch guard gloss clear coat. i never buffed them which is why they arent that shiny, but im real life they match my rims. which are btw 17s. :)

ya. how do you like the civic by the way?

what are you getting fo mpg?

i am currently gettin 15 with my truck so i am lookin forward to double that

i got 15-17 with my truck too lol. im getting between 27-30 all around, but i dont take it easy on it. i like it though.......even though it needs a bath :rolleyes:

edit: 5 spd manual btw

i test drove one and i was suprised to find out it was a little zippy for 140 hp

not too shabby

im pickin one up in less than 2 weeks from chicago