Second Skin Audio

Two 18's/mini Wall/ Cavalier

alright im going to be getting two 18" mach 5 audio subwoofers and a clif designs amp. now i have to decide on a box.

i did not like my last wall, i like to be able to see out of the back window so i want to do a mini wall. im not sure what i should do about subwoofer placement though. should i do subs up ports up? or should i angle the subwoofers toward the rear more so they are more firing toward the back window. to get the airspace i need for two 18's i am going to rip out the back seat (exposing the trunk) and building the box into the trunk as well then mounting the amplifier in the trunk.

the subwoofers will together be seeing 1200wrms, that is if the clif puts out that much, so what should i tune the box to?

i was thinkin maybe 32-35 hz because i do want it to get reletivly loud and how much port area so i need for the two subs? is there a port to big? i was thinkin maybe a huge ass port would be best but i am lost.

i am open to suggestions on anything, thank you.

-john

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

i need at least 8 cu ft though, and also a huge ass port. i like that how it doesnt go above the rear window though.

do you guys think i will have to build the box into the trunk to get 8 cu^ft?

how big of a box did you put in there and what size subs?

thanks

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

Archived