Sundown Audio

Alpine type x amplifier x-a90m 1 ohm

So I'm building a system in my 04 pilot and it's a pain in the ass.  I have some kicker compq 12's. I forgot they were dual 2 ohm and this alpine amp is only 2 ohm rated.   I really want to push it to one amp.   Has anyone here tried this with this amp?   Or alpine amps in the past.  Does it handle it at all ?  If not I can get a memphis amp pretty fast. 

Your D2 subwoofers can be wired to 2 ohm coils in series subs in parallel so no problem there, is just that the amp is 900W and the subs together can take 1900W easily so not getting all the subs can offer with that amp, you will be getting like 3 dB less than possible  (not too much). To compensate build a large,efficient enclosure to get more out of them.

The amp will push 600W to one sub at 4 ohm, you can't really do anything about it. But being such a large vehicle I would run both of them and over time upgrade the amp.

Said that the sub loudness at 600W as compared to 850W will be about 2dB or less so not much of a difference, just build a large efficient box for it if not changing the amp or the sub.