Second Skin Audio

Best upgrade from Skar ZVX18v2. Sundown Zv618, or FI 4.11 18?

Hi again everybody. Title says it all. I have a Skar ZVXv218 D2 and I am building a new box 7ft tuned to 32hz with a 10" aero port from bigass ports. Currently running a Smart 3 but upgrading my wiring to dual Knu 1/0 runs to accommodate a Smart 5. I have a 320a JS alt and x2power 24f under the hood stable above 14v in my Honda element. May add another battery for the smart 5 and I am running a ds800x4 for the doors. This WinISD graph shows the SPL of my current amp and sub in the new box and the new sub options with the 5000w from the smart 5. Looking like the 4.11 will give me substantially more DB, like 9db. And the Sundown would give me about 7db. 

Do you guys think these are good upgrade options for a single 18 setup? The FI will be about $1020 the Sundown is $1149

image.thumb.png.1b281de592bf94a442007c44da39ce6a.png

The transfer function magnitude on the 4.11 is much lower than the other two though. Not sure why. 

image.thumb.png.f62216d93def413f60e1550547c572c0.png

Check that modeling:

Fi 4.11 18

fi.png

Sundown Zv618:

sundown.png

Both based on a 7 cubic feet net @32Hz enclosure.

The Fi has a 4 dB advantage over the Zv6 at their rated power and justifiably so since the Fi is a 4500W driver vs 2500W.

Check out your fi parameters, I am sure you picked the 12" driver parameters instead of the 18".

It is very easy to make a mistake with modeling software, so easy many people don't rely on modeling.

Edited by Joe X