Sonic Electronix

I want ear rape music, is it possible:

This will be an odd request, but I am an odd person.

I recently purchased an application called Djay Pro, and I want to run my audio off that in a vehicle. 

Main question: is it safe to play ear rape (purposely distorted) music at 0db, or is there a safer tuning freq?

Djay Pro basically gives you all the features a Dj would need, but I would primarily use it for slowed songs, or ear rape. Max the volume and max the bass etc.

Sounds like garbage to most but I actually enjoy the way it sounds to an extent. I plan to do this next build as I have a decent setup right now. 

I'll listen to earrape pretty frequently on a headset, so that leads me to believe it can be done with speakers in a car as well. Would it be safe to buy lower quality speakers that could be easily replaced or could this be done on more professional equipment? Also, if possible when tuning, would I tune with settings in Djay Pro for max ear rape to know that I can play that as well as clean music safely?

I've seen a lot of responses to posts like this that are like "why would you ever want to listen to that" and so on. I'm just looking for an answer and will go from there. Again, since I do it all the time in my headset I feel it should be possible to do in a car audio sense as well.

You can get Brazilian "pro audio"  mid woofers with some super bullet tweeters, that will withstand much more power than standard speakers, brands like Timpano, DS18, PRV will serve the purpose, even if you managed  blow them they are inexpensive to replace.

As you say it is an odd request so don't ask me if I recommend this or if you will suffer hearing damage from listening loudly to that or not.

Thanks Joe X, I'll be looking into these. According to audacity an earrape track did not exceed 0db, but it did have some clipping points (far less than what I expected). If I'm understanding that correctly, buying some decently rated speakers and tweeters we should be good to give a test. Appreciate your feedback!

You can also setup your gains low making sure power delivered is within drivers specs.

No one is to say if that distorted signal will make any difference, It's all about being prepared to prevent a bad outcome. 

Much luck and if you have any other questions let us know.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Yerp, you are looking for "pro audio". Best of luck getting what ya need.

That said... pro audio drivers = puke.... but, to each their own. 

(sits back and waits for the 47 people to tell me "their pro audio mids and tweets sound AWESOME"........)

Again, to each their own.