Brand new Zv5 is making popping noise

Hey guys, so i bought a brand new 10" sundown Zv5 dual 2 ohm. 

Ok, i have a taramps md 8k 2ohm stable amp. It is also brand new. I have everything hooked up as it should be, 

And i have built 3 different boxes for this sub ranging from 1.5 cubic ft- 2 cubic ft. Sundowns recomendations on the port is what i went with. Ok, so i have it wired at 4 ohms because ny amp isnt 1 ohm stable.  When i get it turned up enough for it to begin moving decently, not even half power, it starts making a popping noise. Ive checked the coils and pressed in on the cone, no rubbing noise of scraping at all. It seems perfectly fine. What is going on here? Any help much appreciated. Im so fruatrated im ready to sell the sub and take a loss. Idl what is wrong. The sub is brand new. Also, when i built the boxes to sundowns specs i get tons of port noise on all of them. I made the port bigger and smaller and same thing. Didnt help. Is it because i am running at 4 ohm?

I want to add, that i run 2 american bass xfl 15s on this same setup and they do just fine. I have them ran at 2 ohms tho. Power wise i have a new agm under the hood, a yellow top battery inside, and a xs power 630 farad super cap, all 0 gauge wire ofc. I know i meed an alternator but i only run the amp at about 3/4 and my voltage never drops below 13. Help please!

Edited by BrandonScott

start with these:

Set your bass boost to the zero position

Set your high pass filter to the tuning of the box

Go through a gain setting procedure

make sure the box has no leaks and that the sub is well seated.

Even at 4 ohm that amp can put out almost 5K, the sub is only 2000W so plenty of chances of over powering.

Lastly post your box design with dimensions of all parts internal and external, i will check the design for you to see if something is wrong.

Thanks Joe, i will get some of this done today after work and get back with you. I was thinking the same thing about the power, it should be plenty enough. I leave my hi pass and low pass all the way off tho. Maybe this is where im messing up too. I'll get back with you soon. Thanks

Oh and i never use the bass boost

Also, i am getting my new deaf bonce aak 4000 in today as well so maybe the new amp will help

Edited by BrandonScott