SMD DD1+ issue

Have been playing with the dd1+ and found an issue in on vehicle. Car 1 gain set to -7.5db recheck the gain using the method in the owners manual and it shows right on the money-7.5db . In this car it’s a deaf bonce Machete 2k amp running on AGM batteries. 2nd car is a sundown salt 4K running on UGP Lithium and when I set with the same overlap and rechecked it’s -6.2db? Would it be anything with the batteries? Also with the Machete when I hit distortion before I hit read the voltage on the display holds steady but with the salt 4K I will have voltage jump from 79.6 up to 81.3 constantly rolling voltage up and down before I hit read. This has to be causing the incorrect gain overlap reading. But what is the root cause of it? Help please.

With out knowing the system layout and all the components in the system its a crapshoot at best on why.
Maybe something with your radio settings got changed, subwoofer output volume, bass settings, or crossover on the headunit got changed since you set it. Maybe you set the amp at a different volume setting, maybe the remote bass knob wasn't all the way up, maybe your batteries are not fully charged and its creating less power.
It should have nothing to do with it being a lithium or agm issue.
There's so many actual possibilities to why its testing different from when you first set it up.

12 hours ago, audiofanaticz said:

With out knowing the system layout and all the components in the system its a crapshoot at best on why.
Maybe something with your radio settings got changed, subwoofer output volume, bass settings, or crossover on the headunit got changed since you set it. Maybe you set the amp at a different volume setting, maybe the remote bass knob wasn't all the way up, maybe your batteries are not fully charged and its creating less power.
There's so many actual possibilities to why its testing different from when you first set it up.

I had wondered about pot creep on the gain and others but this is happening right after setting the gain .

12 hours ago, audiofanaticz said:

That is also another possibility as well, sometimes just removing the screwdriver after setting it is enough to make a difference. Even if you think you barely bumped it you can change it. 
When I was driving my truck my amps would have to be rechecked every few weeks due to this and it got annoying fast, I even thought about squirting a little hot glue on the knobs after tuning..