State Troopers Vs. Tint

Tub Asko

I recently got pulled over in my town. I have 5% all the way around and a 12" drop of 5% on the front window. Cop pulls me over for my license plate light being out (I work with another officer at work so I can get a ticket fixed but i just like chit chatting with cops). He says do you have any tickets out, I say yeaaaa. He says where at? I'm like here in this town. He says for what? I'm like ummmmm tint. He points his flashlight at my truck and says I GUESS SO! Then he proceeds to say well that's ok cause the tint on my navigator at home is darker than yours :P PLAYED!

Cop tells me he has 15 on his whole front glass. I'm like gee thanks. Well he lets me go.

Still haven't hit up the eye doctor cause I haven't had a problem with tickets yet. Only got one ticket ever in my truck and I get pulled over at minimum once a week.

The eye doctor thing didn't work for me. I tried and he said for it to fly i would have to wear some Stevie Wonder glasses around all the time. He said there is no way my eyes could be that sensitive to the light. I have 5% all the way around also.

around here i know the doctor thing works sort of like this:

you have to get a written form from your eye doc or physician saying your eyes are this bad for whatever reason and you need a permit/exemption to tint law

next you have to take that form to the state troopers office and get it signed by their head guy

then you have to get it notorized

or something like that

pain in the ass and takes weeks for the final forms to be processed.

Yep, tint laws are BS. Expecially when the Undercover Po-Po's are as dark or darker than our cars.

Funny story... I had just had the windows tinted on my wifes Denali - 15% over stock tinted glass in rears and 2x 15% on front windows, maybe for about 10 days when Officer Dickhead decides he wants to pull over the "drug dealer." So he walks up to the drivers window (which she still has UP, while she looks for license and registration). He proceeds to tell her that she failed to signal for a lane merge. AFTER he had followed her for about 4 miles, waiting for something!! So somehow she talks her self out of that ticket, but he decides to put the little scanner-thingy on the glass to see how dark it reads. Well, after it read "0" twice, he changed the batteries just to make sure it was reading correctly. So during his extravaganza she asks him why his windows are just as dark as hers, but it's OK for him? Needless to say, that earned us a $90 ticket... Asshole!!!!

Man I'm glad I didn't lock this I get to witness two retards holding hands telling each other that it'll be ok because they are awesome.

i have cataracts(sp) from my kidney meds. so i could use that to get out of a ticket. i was on prednizone(sp) that damn word i still dont know how to spell. when ive had to deal with that mean ass med for 3 years.

And far as the best connection ever.......

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

• 6 months later...

i had a white 96 accord 5% tint sides and rear window, got pulled over 3 times. two were warnings ^_^ and the third was a $150 ticket. it wasnt even a week after the 2nd time either, it sucked. They put that stupid tint meter and it said " 0 " I was like "oh Shit" and den for some reason they decided to search my car, ok, ok they found a BB gun behind the cd player but i forgot i had that there lol

as far as a shop doing tint around here they will only do 30% witch is a waist of money. they should just put on wut ever tint you want and get you on your way with NO receipt and they should have no problem.

On my expo I have double 5% on all the back windows, 5% on the fronts and an 8" strip of 5% on the windshield... Never been bothered since I've had them either.

Way back when I had double 2.5% on my old Ford Probe, which was white w/ black interior so it made it look 100% blacked out.. Previous owner had put them on so I just dealt with them, but it fucking sucked driving at night with them. I got pulled over once by a state cop + once by a local cop and got warnings from both. Literally it could be the middle of summer with 100% sunny skies and you could barely see into it from a few feet away.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Been pulled over for 5% on the fronts 2 times, and 4 times for 15%..... Needless to say, I think I'm ready to try 30% Maybe I'll get pulled over 8 times before I take it off.

5% in the rain/ night was ridiculous, 15% in the rain/ night was doable, 30% in the dark/ rain should be great. Cops will still hate on me all day, but what can you do?

Archived