Second Skin Audio

oldster getting back in to the boom

Looking for some guidance on enclosure design. Would like to start with a Sub up Port back template.

Two Savard Rap 12" 2 Ohm 750 RMS.  Planning on wiring in series and parallel back to 2 ohm

Amp is a Stinger Audio MT20001 that will supposedly push 1500 watts at 2ohm

Vehicle is a 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ open cabin cargo area with ample dimensions for an enclosure.  Thinking I will maintain a squared enclosure with the sides extended to angle the woofers toward the front slightly.

I got rough numbers from Savard:

Net Volume 2.25 Cuft each sub

ported at 35 Hz

Port area 20.25 inches square

16" port length

They offered a basic design with no position for the port or the subs.

L - 39.5

H - 15

D - 20

vent size:

L - 18.6

H - 13.5

W - 3.5

Seems like a decent enough starting point but the options seem to be, one large box with one port, one large box with two ports, one box with two separate cavities with two ports. My thought is to put a single port in the center so both drivers have the same variables like airflow and distance to the port etc. Seems like having a port on one end leaves one driver farther from the port while one has the back spacing encroached upon. I don't know really. I may be overthinking the whole thing, but I really don't want to just build a box, cut some holes and hope for the best.

Advice welcome.