82 Cutlass Kick Panels.

Stopped by UPS tonight and picked up the goods. =]

These things are HEAVY, and the tweeter is HUGE.

CIMG0628.jpg

CIMG0629.jpg

CIMG0630.jpg

CIMG0631.jpg

Also, the crossovers are a lot bigger then I expected. This my pose as a problem.

The only other thing is making the driver side panel fit to accommodate the E-brake still.

Edited by Mrbubbles00482

You could modify the Ebrake to fit your needs cut it off and stick a bolt through it up higher in case you ever do need to use it

Thats a good idea. I'll keep that in mind.

On to the problem with the crossover....would there be any harm to the speaker/tweeter or any disadvantages if the crossover was mounted INSIDE the kickpanel pod? I've figured out where I need to place the speakers and tweeters, but the crossover is being difficult. I could mount it on the outside, making a mounting plate for it, but there looks like there is to much going on in the kickpanel. Any suggestions?

This is where I got to as of tonight. Right 6" and tweeter ring mounted.

Still not sure about the crossover.

Here is to get an idea of where the speakers are directed. I am 6'1 and the speakers are pretty much aiming at my head/towards the dome light. The majority of my passengers are from 5'5 to my height.

CIMG0634.jpg

Just a picture of the angle the speakers are at.

CIMG0635.jpg

Edited by Mrbubbles00482

Woke up at 8 this morning. I got it all wrapped one time, but when I went to put the center piece back in the middle the crossover mount broke. So I had to do the HOLE thing over again, but it turned out better, and stronger. =]

Wrapped...

CIMG0636.jpg

Test fit...

CIMG0637.jpg

Glassed up baby !!

CIMG0638.jpg

CIMG0639.jpg