What Set Of Highs Do I Need?

Tub Asko

The only thing that is staying over from my old system is my zx2500.1 and my crappy pioneer highs. I'm going to be rolling to a June 7 competition with 2 lvl 4 18s with lvl 5 coils off a beast kicker amp and my crappy highs running off of radio power.

WITH THAT BEING SAID,

I would like some suggestions for a good set of 6 1/2 or 6 3/4 highs and amp to match up with them that will be used in my truck with the 18s. I say one set because I'll be taking everything out of this truck in about 5 months and moving it into a new truck. So temporary and all.

I really would like to stick to coaxials because I hate dealing with tweeter placement. I really loved the Pioneer D-Series and want something similar to that. Hell I may go with that again, but idk. SUGGESTIONS!?!?!

also will be getting an amp to match up to the 2 speakers. MORE SUGGESTIONS!?!?!

Thanks all for any help

edit:

current set of crap -

l_626c7b7fabcb7c2a7e4c2eff4eb7fe04.jpg

4 18s upcoming in the new truck, I just need something for this one all temporary like. Kind of 100-250 range. You know cheap and able to keep up with 18s :)

hahahaha

I'll address the mids and highs more in depth in the new truck but right now, just need something . . . . not crappy.

4 18s upcoming in the new truck, I just need something for this one all temporary like. Kind of 100-250 range. You know cheap and able to keep up with 18s :)

hahahaha

I'll address the mids and highs more in depth in the new truck but right now, just need something . . . . not crappy.

thats my same budget, and they fit into there, the 6.5's are around 140 shipped brand new

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

A good voice amp could be a kicker 200.4 since you like kicker that would work perfect and its nice and small. You could try getting something from parts express. They get super loud and can get them to sound really good.

Archived