Car Wont Crank

Powermaster and Kinetik both make good batteries. Check those two out first.

im not willing to pay for kinetik's. i dont need anything that nice. i know they are great bat.s and all, but they arent for me

injineer.jpg

Clarion ProAudio VRX755VD

Infinity Perfects 6.1-front

Infinity Perfects 5.1 -rear

Infinity REF7541A

3 Kicker S15L7D2

Kicker ZX1500.1

Kicker ZX750.1

Pair of Memphis tweets

]noise1.jpg

New Build In The Works

no offense to any kinetik fans, but i dont think im ready for that. i need to get rid of my cap

should i replace the front battery, and then add 1 or 2 batteries in the back?

injineer.jpg

Infinity REF7541A

3 Kicker S15L7D2

Kicker ZX1500.1

Kicker ZX750.1

Pair of Memphis tweets

]noise1.jpg

New Build In The Works

i'm honestly going thru the same thing, have had a whining sound under the hood for a few weeks, kinda sounded like a belt, other day was cruising and on some strong notes my deck would shut off than come back on.. got home and tested everything, hooked my charger up and said i only had 10% on my front batt and to check the alt. so obviously my alt wasnt charging and its time for a new alt. thinking about scouping up an ho alt since iraggi hasnt gotten back to me.

- Infiniti QX4 - - 2 Digital Designs 9917s - - Digital Designs Z1 - - Digital Designs C3b -

subnoise-1.jpg

i'm honestly going thru the same thing, have had a whining sound under the hood for a few weeks, kinda sounded like a belt, other day was cruising and on some strong notes my deck would shut off than come back on.. got home and tested everything, hooked my charger up and said i only had 10% on my front batt and to check the alt. so obviously my alt wasnt charging and its time for a new alt. thinking about scouping up an ho alt since iraggi hasnt gotten back to me.

my head unit didnt cut off while i was driving, but my amps did the last time i drove it. i was pretty drunk, but i do remember that my amps cut off. that was 2 days ago. i havent driven anywhere since. been building my box and stuff.

injineer.jpg

Infinity REF7541A

3 Kicker S15L7D2

Kicker ZX1500.1

Kicker ZX750.1

Pair of Memphis tweets

]noise1.jpg

New Build In The Works

my head unit didnt cut off while i was driving, but my amps did the last time i drove it. i was pretty drunk, but i do remember that my amps cut off. that was 2 days ago. i havent driven anywhere since. been building my box and stuff.

Drinking and driving.... awesome...

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

i have a 3 farad capacitor, its was reading 0.00 before i charged the battery, and it was reading 10.20 after.

i have a 2 year old battery. nothing special.

Oh, it is "special" now. 10.2 volts AFTER charging? I would say you have a lead/acid doorstop.

i have been hearing a high pitch noise from under the hood recently. i think its the alternator. but not sure. it gets louder/higher as the engine revs up

That is the sound of your alternator working it's balls off, trying to keep up with a dead battery & system loads. Hopefully you have not killed it yet.

it cranked a minute ago, with the cap reading 10.20, but the sound was fuzzy out of the speakers.

You are lucky it cranked at all, with a battery voltage that low. What year & make of vehicle is this?

'Link

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

Drinking and driving.... awesome...

it was only this one time, and it was less than a mile. im usually pretty smart about it, i dont like to do it. its not like i was bragging or anything

injineer.jpg

Infinity REF7541A

3 Kicker S15L7D2

Kicker ZX1500.1

Kicker ZX750.1

Pair of Memphis tweets

]noise1.jpg

New Build In The Works

Oh, it is "special" now. 10.2 volts AFTER charging? I would say you have a lead/acid doorstop.

That is the sound of your alternator working it's balls off, trying to keep up with a dead battery & system loads. Hopefully you have not killed it yet.

You are lucky it cranked at all, with a battery voltage that low. What year & make of vehicle is this?

'Link

01tahoe

injineer.jpg

Infinity REF7541A

3 Kicker S15L7D2

Kicker ZX1500.1

Kicker ZX750.1

Pair of Memphis tweets

]noise1.jpg

New Build In The Works

'Link

so you would say my best bet is to just go uo to advanced, or a local car electric shop and let them look at the alt and my battery

injineer.jpg

Infinity REF7541A

3 Kicker S15L7D2

Kicker ZX1500.1

Kicker ZX750.1

Pair of Memphis tweets

]noise1.jpg

New Build In The Works

Archived