Second Skin Audio

16 12'' Re's

904.78sq'' of cone area?, what u gunna do bout the back glass if 8 are fireing up, how are the 8 fireing now forward? anyways good luck on the build but might be louder if u do it like tommy has his kinda like a diamond look and do 4 on each side and should work

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

How much room are you going to have from the top of the box to the roof?

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I'll tell ya, it ain't easy to mess with 16 subs.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

hey man the subs are just waiting to be tested why not try it out

HEY THIEVES AND HATERS ARE YOU BIGGEST FANS TREET THEM LIKE YOU DO THE REST!!

16 12" re re's

8 O2 AUDIO 6 1/2''

4 10'' EV'S

2 RD AUDIO 1750.1

6 MAXRATE BATTS

12 WHELEN STROBES

22'' TIS 07

sexyhoopty2.jpg

8 12s in a ported box would sound just as good.

Agreed. . you can get "free" output of nearly 3 db or more from porting properly. 3 db is twice as loud to the ear.

But,

2 hardcore woofers for around the same money as the 16 tuned properly would be more than enough to run you out of a vehicle.

Look at Alan Dante with one .. Now Two 18"DDZ woofers doing 180's with 4 amps. . . IT'S ALWAYS ALL ABOUT THE BOX. . the box is the least effecient part of any sub system. . not the amps or subs .. Dante has even tested with the low series 2500 woofers in the same box for fun and done 160's and 170's with half as much amp. BOX BOX BOX. .

If you want to learn how to tune ports, play with this free program. I use it all of the time. The box tunes via the airspace/port surface area and length .. So, you don't even have to put in all the specs .. just use whatever woofer they have in the program to get tuning. It will be the same result no matter which woofer. . as the box does not tune to the woofer. Although, the freq response will varry depending on woofers used.

http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?download=winisd

For straight spl always go as large as possible with the port area tuned high.

For spl/music tune so that the box will peak near the car res freq but still play the lows . . a trade off ( 20 sq inches of port per cube using 12's)

For SQ tune so that the curve or peak of the box + subs combines with the transfer function of the vehicle to be as flat as possible. (12 sq inches of port per cubes using 12's)

For SQL which is High Output Daily for music but not just SQ .. (15 or 16 square inches of port per cube is perfect for most high output 12's) Tune around 35hz to 40hz .. as there is not really alot of music below that.

Get the box right .. and woofers with the proper capability, and you don't need a ton of cone area. But, if you are trying to hang with Meade or Tommy . .king of bass. . ok .. cone are is needed for that kind of spl playing music. But, box is still key.

If you 8 were not loud enough, you didn't have the right setup or the woofers really were weak. 8 12's should beat your head in done right. 4 twelves done properly can be very painful.

A great basic tutorial on boxes for SQL is at the link below. . "The DD box" works for most all somewhat stiff to stiff suspension woofers

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/enclosu...closureInfo.asp

Good info there.

2 hardcore woofers for around the same money as the 16 tuned properly would be more than enough to run you out of a vehicle.

Look at Alan Dante with one .. Now Two 18"DDZ woofers doing 180's with 4 amps. . . IT'S ALWAYS ALL ABOUT THE BOX. . the box is the least effecient part of any sub system. . not the amps or subs ..

Get the box right .. and woofers with the proper capability, and you don't need a ton of cone area. But, if you are trying to hand with Tommy . .king of bass. . ok .. cone are is needed for that kind of spl playing music. But, box is still key.

If you 8 were not loud enough, you didn't have the right setup or the woofers really were weak. 8 12's should beat your head in done right. 4 twelves done properly can be very painful.

I had originally wanted to do the setup with him 2 18" Atomic APX or APXX quad coils on a Atomic 7000.1 or 2 5000.1's depending on which subs we were doing. Or even 2 18" Fi BTL's and maximize the box space and make the box really effiecient and loud but no money for better more hardcore extreme subs I think.

Oh and Alan Dante is useing 2 15" DDZ's now and supposibly is over a 183 at least it has been said. Im sure 2 18" DDZ's could be even louder!

Archived