Second Skin Audio

15" Lvl2 Dc Or 18"mach5 Mj18

my original play was to get two of the mach5 18's but i found a car that i want to buy and cannot spend to much money. im currenty using a 12" lightning audio sub but i need more. both would be in the trunk, the dc would prolly be facing back toward the rear and i doubt the 18 can fit that way so it would be facing up. both would be ported to 32-35hz and in optimal size boxes. which do you think would perfom better?

i know cone area will be the biggest thing, but it has a reletivly low xmax. the dc is just that a dc and has higher xmax. i want dc because of the brand and they have low power handling but an 18 is an 18.

what do yo all think?

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

my original play was to get two of the mach5 18's but i found a car that i want to buy and cannot spend to much money. im currenty using a 12" lightning audio sub but i need more. both would be in the trunk, the dc would prolly be facing back toward the rear and i doubt the 18 can fit that way so it would be facing up. both would be ported to 32-35hz and in optimal size boxes. which do you think would perfom better?

i know cone area will be the biggest thing, but it has a reletivly low xmax. the dc is just that a dc and has higher xmax. i want dc because of the brand and they have low power handling but an 18 is an 18.

what do yo all think?

get the DC sub if you can potna. i have heard nothing but great things about them.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

get the DC sub if you can potna. i have heard nothing but great things about them.

I am currently running 3 18's, soon to be 4 in a wall. I absolutely love these. I never thought 'budget' speakers could get loud and sound as good as they do. Of course they will be swapped out for BTL's in the near future, but for now Im really impressed:)

are you running the mach5's though? im prolly going to be running the dc's just because they are dc's lol

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

i dont want a wall lol, idk what to get now, i liked the way that windshield was flexin. i was going to do four 15" dc lvl 2's in a hatchback just because for now i do not want to upgrade my electrical alternator wise until after college. i am hopeing for at least a 145 from four of the dc's, my brother is going to be putting two of the mj-18m series subs in his blazer so that should sound nice. as for me i am still prolly going dc but idk, ill be getting one here soon and if i dont like it my brother said he would buy it. without a wall i wouldnt have enough room for more then two 18's in the rear of a hatchback. idk which would be louder, what do you all think?

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

Read the last comment.

He only gets a 147 on a burp.

But could you honestly expect insane DB from $100 subs?

Wall it and have like 4. B)

I also google'd Mach 5 Audio MJ18 and found a gentleman doing 145.3 on Music in a Camaro off of one at 30hz tuning.

So they can't be that bad.

yea but thats only on 1000w

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P4050UB

Subs: 2 Pioneer Premier 12" ts-w3004spls

Sub box: 3.2ft3 tuned to 35hz

Sub Amp: SoundMagus DK 1800

Speaker Amp: Rockford Fosgate 200a4 Bridged to fronts

Front Speakers: DLS MS5A components

2 gauge power & ground

141s19i.jpg

Archived