tsmf509 Posted December 9, 2024 Report Posted December 9, 2024 Hey guys, Wanted to know if I would get a 1ohm load to each of my two subs if I landed the subs separately at my amps pos and neg terminals? Its a mono block amp with two pos and two negative (JP23v2) Trying to avoid having to connect all of my pos together and negative together at on each sub and then running a single pos and single neg to the amps output terminals. Correct me if I'm wrong but on a monoblock with two pos and two negative terminals, aren't the pos wired in parallel and same goes with the neg's? If that's the case then I should in theory be able to accomplish what I'm trying to do negative? I.e. having two sets of terminal posts on my box (1 set for each sub).
Joe X Posted December 9, 2024 Report Posted December 9, 2024 In the amp the two positive terminals are connected together, same goes for the negative terminals, they do it for ease of wiring, the amp is still just one channel. The only thing you have to bear in mind that the total impedance at the amp don't go below the amp minimum stable. Since at least one person had problems wiring this amp at 0.5 ohm I would recommend to wire no lower than one ohm if possible.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.