Jump to content

Pioneer DMH-2660NEX Max Unclipped Volume?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I recently found out you can find your max unclipped volume on your head unit with an oscope. I have a Pioneer DMH-2660NEX, and a FNIRSI DSO152 Oscilloscope. Yesterday I had the car on and a 40hz test tone playing through my usb phone connection and the alligator clips on the shell and post of the RCA. I not only got no voltage or sin wave but I got no voltage from my multimeter either. Went from 0-40 in volume and no change. Tried with my 4 channel RCA's as well and no voltage. Tried also every setting on the oscope regarding AC, DC, 100V- 5mV, 100ms-20s.

Posted

If you connect your head unit to your amp and it plays then be sure there is signal there, scopes are not extremely friendly to use devices to use, measure something else and until you know it's doing what it's supposed to do then retry, simply go to your car battery and test you can read 12-14 V

 

 

edit: just checked and it has it's own 1kh test signal, you can ue tht as well.

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1046 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...