Second Skin Audio

Btl Started To Smoke Today - Pwn

No, the phasing it definitely correct. I have two different colored wires, blue to pos, silver to neg.

Idk man, im just kinda irritated about the whole thing but whatever. And the BTL was full loaded with all options set as daily and non universal.

well thats 1 thing we were talking about in quality over quantity..theres a difference between 3k clean watts and 3k dirty watts..but eiter way i hope you get this fixed and back on track..

Thanks man, it just sucks because this is like peak fucking season for shows and competing!! I guess the next paycheck will go to a fucking recone. Hoping to get a PM D3100 with my next paycheck but no go now.

I guess this will give me time to work on my car some before putting the BTL back in.

And as far as "dirty" and "clean" power, what is the distinction between the two? Like what is considered clean and dirty and how?

Thanks man, it just sucks because this is like peak fucking season for shows and competing!! I guess the next paycheck will go to a fucking recone. Hoping to get a PM D3100 with my next paycheck but no go now.

I guess this will give me time to work on my car some before putting the BTL back in.

And as far as "dirty" and "clean" power, what is the distinction between the two? Like what is considered clean and dirty and how?

Several things the most common ones are setting the gain too high on the amplifier and too much of a voltage drop.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

the best way i can explain it is even though crunch puts out 3000 watts its not the same 3000 watts a kicker/punch/alpine/sundown puts out..like with gas both grades will get your car running and get you to where you need to go..but one burns cleaner and is better for your engine..where has crunch is your regular unleaded your sundowns/punch/kickers is your premium blend..which burns cleaner and cost more..

Edited by A&W ROOTBEER

My gain is about 2/3 the way up but without doing so, the sub doesnt get loud. Should I just keep it on around 1/2 and press the "loud" button?

To be honest, it was probably user error. Im not gonna beat around the bush as this was my first real setup doing myself and Im not really fully understand tuning the amplifier.

Yep ^^^^^^^^ I never let my V drop below like 12.5....because shit power/clippage and a subwoofer = $$$ in the grinder :ph34r:

And NO BASS BOOSTERS, LOUD OFF(on cd player), BASS BOOST AT A MINIMUM ON AMP. If you had the loud on..plus like +1-6 on your headunit up, then bass boost up and 2/3rds cranked gain...and wired for like 0.5/1ohm say goodnight...formula like that =GN....Good night to your equipment. I doubt you did any of this, but i ALWAYS make sure anything i deal/handle is properly tuned before pressing it. Just a good habit of mine.

But yea man good luck, recone kit, and you'll be back in business...just sucks ur out of a bit of money.

Edited by Team Maf

".......Cut spending to only the bare essentials, water and bread...and margaritas...Yaay "-Mr. Marsh

95 camry:

JVC Deck

15" Fi Q in a fail prefab box

US-Amps Merlin Md2d

"Doin' that Work

I just do not know how to tune properly. No one around here knows jack shit about audio whatsoever so I am sort of taking a shot in the dark. EVERYTHING I have learned is from online forums, mainly this one. I just really want to understand tuning but I cant really figure it out, let alone find someone to help me.

have all EQ's and Bassboost off

take a multimeter and put the + on the + speaker output and - to the - speaker output.

look at the RMS chart posted on here and turn the gain up until the multimeter shows w/e volts you need for power