Will This Work

im not sure were to post this but i have a question, when i get bored sometimes i like to listen to just my mids n highs and when i turn my subs off they sound good but when i get home and the truck stops moveing they soud better than while moveing, will sound deading help this or no? and if it will were should i put it, how my speakers go in the door it has its own little pocke and i was thinkin about covering the hole and sealing up the speaker in its own little pod thing so its away from the door, u think this will work? i got kicker ks 6&1/2 componits with 1in titainium tweets and in the back kicker ks 6&1/2 coax wired to a memphis 150.2 @ 2ohm and it sounds pritty good but both sets of speakers say they can play down to 30htz but i dont kno what to xover them at to get above what my subs play so i dont halfto change the freq of my subs when i listen to rock or country?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Sound deadener will help, but not eliminate what your hearing. Mines the same way and got better with several layers of sound deadener.

Depends on where the road noise is coming from. Softer tires (treadwear rating) will be noticeably quieter on the road, but won't last as long either. If you've got performance mods on the car, they are usually louder, too.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

2 good options for not that much money:

baffles

and

dynamat speaker kit

and any road/engine noise in general is going to deteriorate the SQ in the ride so get some bulk kits of sound deadener and strip everything out and start laying sheets down.

Edited by Tub Asko

like when i put in my 6&1/2s i had to make a lil ring cause the factory is 6&3/4 and they sent me 6&1/2s instead cause they was out of stock and these was newer and i had to make a ring so when i took my pod thing out its got a hole in the back side kinda like its a baffle and i was wondering could i get one of those dynamat door kits and just cover over this hole in the back side and seal it off from the door itself or will i halfto deadin the intire door, and if so how much cause nothings deadned in my truck and its pritty air tight i just want better mids

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

it aint that hard to put in is it? and does it go on back of the inside of the door or both top and bottom sides like the sheat metal and what the speaker ataches to?

it aint that hard to put in is it? and does it go on back of the inside of the door or both top and bottom sides like the sheat metal and what the speaker ataches to?

You want it on both the inside sheet metal and the inner frame where the speaker attaches to. It's easy to do and well worth it.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

i think the door kit is $20 at circuit city, is the door kit enulf to do both parts or just the inner frame, and is it enulf for one door or 2?

i think the door kit is $20 at circuit city, is the door kit enulf to do both parts or just the inner frame, and is it enulf for one door or 2?

I think those kits only give you enough for 1 layer per door, so no- not enough. You can buy multiple kits or buy the deadener by the sq ft, in bulk. I bought all mine from elemental designs online.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/index.php?cPath=1_24

Scroll down for the rolls, it sells by the sq ft, the thick UE is the best for door skin, and the thinner V1 for the actual door frame that the speaker attaches to. I used 1 layer of thicker UE on each door skin, and 2 layers of the thin V1 on the door frame, and my doors are pretty solid. My floor got single layer of the thin V1 and I added a second layer of the thick UE over the hatch floor, and rear hatch door.

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

How much did you pay for all that b/c it looks like you get alot for the money.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.p...;products_id=55

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.p...;products_id=51

Edited by wL<3bass

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...