Second Skin Audio

Highest Sensetivity Rating? Loudest @ 1w

Guest Powered By Hate

Whatever you get you'll have to pay extra for custom coils to get quads... even with Atomic there's a surcharge...

Options...

Atomic APXX18

DD 9918

DD 9918Z (If you can get your mits on one)

Cactus Mark2 (mark3 on the way?) 18"

DC Level 5 18" (Might wanna check with Rusty?)

Fi BTL 18" (Have to ask about Quad Coil)

Hmmm what else would I rate to take 25kw in a burp? I would have to have a think about it, I'll edit this if I think of any more.

Highly doubt that a dc lvl5 18" can take a 25k burp.

bassaddictio8.jpg

Highly doubt that a dc lvl5 18" can take a 25k burp.

True, hence why I said check with Rusty... but then again as long as the box could control the excursion enough (preventing the sub ripping itself to bits) I suspect it just might take it... We ran a clean 4kw into a 8" sub rated at 250wrms and all it did was eventually tear the former away from the spiders :lol:

That's 16x the rated power of the sub, I think as long as you're careful you can get away with a lot.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Those Atomic subs are insane, I would say the Cactus MK2 possibly, Treo CSX, or Treo CXT, DD 99 series, DDZ easily. Oh and yeah quad coils are sick. My friend needed one for his Memphis Mojo that the surround shredded itself and the only had an old quad 1 that worked and you can tell it takes power easily and gets louder than the new mojo dual 2 they have.

The atomic APXX 18 is like 98 or something.. the Holy S is almost 105. Is there one thats higher? Gonna need to take at least 25k for 3 seconds.

If you want something thats going to take massive amounts of power get some kind of DD sub. Not saying there aren't others, but they've proven theirselves time and time again.

bassaddictio8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...