Looking For New Computer

Well I've finally saved up enough cash to get a new computer...

I have a little over 1000 dollars, and well...errmm...I really dont know where to start...What should I look for in a computer? I'm not interested in online gaming really, i just want a fast running machine...I also would like to try Linux out...Is there a way to have both Vista and Linux working on the same computer?

Thanks guys I'm kinda noobish at this

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Yes you can run more than one OS on a machine, you just boot into the other one when you want to.

If you want a fast running machine i would say get a desktop over a laptop, because one, for the power, desktop would prolly be cheaper and for the money, a desktop will be more stable than a laptop.

As for brands, I'm not sure what you should go with, I mean a lot of gaming PCs are durable for just regular usage. I only own Apple Computers and I have been out of windows for 3 years now so I couldnt recommend a PC.

But I am familiar with Alienware and I would say they are good PCs but they do have a hefty $$ load.

I forget the other type but there is nice Gaming PCs for round 1000. I am saying Gaming PCs because they are going to have the fast running speed you want. they will have some of ther higher end components that are meant for speed.

06 SCION tC

if you will just use the computer for basic stuff and not gaming, then you don't have to make your own because it will cost you more.

the cheapest way to go is to buy one from dell, they have pretty good deals now that includes a monitor.

even the entry level processors right now are pretty fast.

IMO don't buy dell, I've had nothing but problems with them I know some people are lucky but I know alot of people that aren't so lucky lol

Personally I'd go with a hp laptop, portability, and you can get a good bit of stuff for your money.

As for running linux, i'd get slax, its bootable so when you want linux just pop the cd in and boot up linux, when you want windows take the cd out.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

If you are looking to buy a new computer with a $1000 budget, i would recommend building one. If you dont have knowledge contact a local pc store and they can walk you through it. You can build a very high end computer system for $600 www.newegg.com One of my friends spent 6 grand on an alienware comp, i spent 600 on mine (building it myself of course) and my pc runs a lot better than his alienware.