Sonic Electronix

http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/G/01...1704f2110.L.jpg

That is the DMM that I was using. If you see in the picture it is set to ACV 750 but I had it a notch over on ACV 200 which is what I believe it is supposed to be set at cause the screen was at 00.0 and I was looking for 31.6... it didnt work though it went from 00.0 to 00.6 when it was all the way up and didnt really hit 00.1 till about 1/4 of the gain turned up. what is the problem?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

I forgot to tell you that you need to set your headunit volume at 3/4 the way up to beable to set your gain on the amp.

OR If you are running your speakers off the head unit turn it up till it starts to sound shitty and use that volume position to set the gain on your amp.

Use the 200 ACV setting on your meter.

I have to leave so I hope this helps or another member will jump in.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Another thing to think about.

That amp may accept up to 6 volts of input. If your H/U is only putting out a volt then your gain might be set past the halfway piont.

I had to run my RF 1501BD with the gain at 3/4 becuase I only had a volt to it.

Nothing wrong with that becuase its all about optimizing the signal.

That amp never got hot once.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

you did leave the RCA's pluged in to the amp rite.

Terryswork001.png

Are you having any luck?

Terryswork001.png

Alright, first off I would like to thank ISO for his continual help! here is what happened. Since the amp is a mono block the speaker terminals are the same as if it was a 2 channel... thus it goes pos, neg, pos, neg. Turns out if you only have one sub you are supposed to hook it up to the extreme left pos terminal, and the extreme right neg terminal... I did that and that is what fixed it. ALSO thanks to pstone... Turns out while I thought the other person that was helping me with the box knew what he was doing I decided to let him finish putting the top of the box on. Turns out there were only 4 nails in the gun, and I put in one on each corner. I didn't know that the gun was out but I went to install the amp and everything while it was some what light out. He was out of nails and was basically putting little indentions in the box cause the hammer on the gun was hitting the box and he thought that the nails were going in... The sub basically blew the top of the box off so I took it today and re sealed then nailed it back on and carpeted the box for him. It looks really nice right now and sounds fairly loud. I didn't get a chance to set the gain with the DMM but for right now I set it by ear since the sub was hooked up right now. Thanks again for all the help, and the fast replys!

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

I do have another question though. I had the

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002CNQ70?smid=A...mp;linkCode=asn

amp but it got stolen the night that I put it in, so I didnt have the bass knob ran or anything. It was just laying around my house and the new amp that he got

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/pr...S&p_status=

did not come with a bass knob. So I thought that I would just put the one that I had laying around in his car but when it is plugged in there is little to no bass at all, then if I unplug the bass knob at the front of the car, and not the cord attached to the amp then all the bass comes back... Does that mean that I cant use that bass knob?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

I do have another question though. I had the

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002CNQ70?smid=A...mp;linkCode=asn

amp but it got stolen the night that I put it in, so I didnt have the bass knob ran or anything. It was just laying around my house and the new amp that he got

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/pr...S&p_status=

did not come with a bass knob. So I thought that I would just put the one that I had laying around in his car but when it is plugged in there is little to no bass at all, then if I unplug the bass knob at the front of the car, and not the cord attached to the amp then all the bass comes back... Does that mean that I cant use that bass knob?

It sounds like no... but I've had funny problems with RF bass knobs. I'd just pick up a new series knob meant for your amp off of the Ebay and call it good... Glad you got if figured out man!

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

I'm glad its working for you.

Terryswork001.png

It sounds like no... but I've had funny problems with RF bass knobs. I'd just pick up a new series knob meant for your amp off of the Ebay and call it good... Glad you got if figured out man!

Is there anywhere else that sells them?

Also I already ran the wire and hid it and everything, so would I have to run a new wire or is it made the same. Would I just have to plug the knob in up front to the already ran wire...

Edited by Cdizzle

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif