Got a little work in on the door panel sections today:

Here's what I wanted by cutting the factory panels down.. an easy platform to build on:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Did some ring attaching:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was thinking about how much I hate transitioning from fleece to wood, so I figured I'd give this a go... After I wrapped the ring section of the panel, I went ahead and routered out the spot where the fleece would meet up with the mdf so it would be below the transition area, lined that gap with C/A then pressed the fleece into it with a straight-edge.... I think when bondo time comes around, I'm going to be stoked on how easy it'll be....I hope...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

FInishing up.... They're both drying on the bench now... Ready for coat 2 tomorrow.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Them door pods are looking great....Good idea on that transition too! You going to paint this bishes?

I have no idea on the finish yet.... Gotta hit up the ol' napa paint store and see what they have. I'd like to match the blue that's there already. If not, I'll go and see what the trim shop has that might float my boat... Maybe some pimp shag.. :blink:

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

The end is in sight for these little suckers.

Forgot to put in that yesterday I spent all afternoon matting and glassing the inside walls to make these nice and strong.

Just finished up countersinking the mounting screw holes... Used the drill press and some 60 degree bits to do the ones on the inclines.

Took the belt sander to the backsides of them to get rid of the excess fleece/resin.

Posted Image

1st coat of hi-build... got a couple little areas to work on, but looking good all around. The transiton turned out AWESOME! That little routered area made all the difference.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Phew.... Those little guys are done for the most part. I have to wait until they're totally dry to see if they need any touch-up.

The little fixes before paint:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Coat of texture:

Posted Image

Some midnight blue SEM paint, kind of freaks me out, looks black until you take a picture, or the sun hits it right, I love it!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

The transiton turned out AWESOME! That little routered area made all the difference.

are you talking about the roundover on the outside edge of the speaker ring? I like the pods, wish i had the experience to do it like that :blush:

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

are you talking about the roundover on the outside edge of the speaker ring? I like the pods, wish i had the experience to do it like that :blush:

Nah, look up in post 41, I'm just talking about that simple little routered line where the fleece transition met up with the mdf. Made it so much easier than having a fleece dropoff to deal with.

Just practice man, it's easy once you figure out the basics.

Archived