Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I have two 15's and I cant make my mind up on what I want to tune them to, I want them to be very loud. yes they will be in my daily driver but I plan to just tune them down through the headunit. I am debating about box design on another thread and I want to know about what tune I should go for on this one. Thanks

2 MAW15's

Cadence 1000D

Infinity Reference 6022's

Blankput Tweeters and Infinity 4x6's with tweeters

Powered by a US Acoustic USB4085

1 Rockford 1Farad Caps and a 200 amp ALT

Posted (edited)

depends on personal preference. the lower you tune, the better you'll hit the low notes. higher tuning is good on the high end and will get better numbers on the mic. i listen to rap and like to tune very low

powered by hate...your sig is creepy...and i love it :P

Edited by ExpoSport

 

 

Guest Powered By Hate
Posted

You can build a box with a port you can switch for very loud for very low.. but you gotta be a bad mother f'er to do so.

Posted

How can I do that?

2 MAW15's

Cadence 1000D

Infinity Reference 6022's

Blankput Tweeters and Infinity 4x6's with tweeters

Powered by a US Acoustic USB4085

1 Rockford 1Farad Caps and a 200 amp ALT

Guest Powered By Hate
Posted
How can I do that?

You'll have to ask one of these pros.. i couldnt build one. Do you understand the concept? Read about it online.. ask around. Its difficult to do properly from what i hear but it can be done. Like have one port for SPL that you only switch for competitions and the low tuned one for everday.

Posted

Its not that hard...just a plate with a port in it..the plate is screwed(or however you want)down to the box...

Posted
You'll have to ask one of these pros.. i couldnt build one. Do you understand the concept? Read about it online.. ask around. Its difficult to do properly from what i hear but it can be done. Like have one port for SPL that you only switch for competitions and the low tuned one for everday.

i think steve did that on his box

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Posted
i think steve did that on his box

I believe so..there are a few of them on this site that I have seen.

Posted

it's not realy that hard. i built one for cartunez2004 from this forum. mid 30s for daily, then switched to mid to high 40's for comps

 

 

Posted

Either that or build a BIG solid port into the box for SPL and have a 'shim' that fits inside (and over the top of the port if required) for daily, as decreasing the port area is a quick, simple way to lower tuning.

I have seen it done nicely with a HUGE slot port for SPL and a small box with a 6" aeroport through the middle that filled most of the port for musical duties...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5835 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...