F-150 Build Log **4-1-09** A-pillars Started

ok so i sold the silverado to my brother as is for $1000. He's paid me half the money and i should have the other half this upcoming week.

things i bought so far

ok, so after a few days of my truck being off the road, ive mustered a few pieces of equipment.

i picked up 8 6.5's from mrwigglezdj ( Brandon ) and have 4 of them already here. and the other 2 will be shipped monday i hope. i will be powering 4 of them off a RF Punch400.4 and the other 4 off a second RF Punch 400.4 and im looking to purchase 4 more sets of 6.5's in the very near future and 2 more RF Punch 400.4's.

BTL Recone will be ordered monday, and im now looking for dual 2 ohm old style BTLs. need 3 of them. motors or full woofers in good condition. preferably motors. Im about to order 20 feet of 1/0 knu conceptz for my big three and some sound deadener.

i picked up 11 1/0 crimp ring terminals, and have them standing by awaiting more wire to get here. im about to order 10 more to be on the safe side.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

thanks aaron.

the build will hopefully commence tomorrow when i have tons more day light being as im off of work.

should get the 2 x 4's cut up and the housing for the wall started.

8 15's is great but i dont have the cash right now. and ive decided to just stick with 4 18's in 20 cubes and power the hell outta them just like meade does :D

most of these are just pics from the previous thread but they still belong here.

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

thanks aaron.

the build will hopefully commence tomorrow when i have tons more day light being as im off of work.

should get the 2 x 4's cut up and the housing for the wall started.

8 15's is great but i dont have the cash right now. and ive decided to just stick with 4 18's in 20 cubes and power the hell outta them just like meade does :D

most of these are just pics from the previous thread but they still belong here.

two 18s get loud and you'll have four .............. bang bang time

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

two 18s get loud and you'll have four .............. bang bang time

well, i did some calculatons yesterday, and decided to just stick with the 4 18's idea and be stupid loud. but until i get money for more amps and batteries it might just be 2 18's and ill put a different baffle one after i get the other amps, batts and woofers :D

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

got some more stuff done. 2x4's mocked up for the outer bracing of the wall and working on running wires for the 6.5's in the doors. putting them in the stock location is ONLY TEMPORARY until i get ready to start glassing :D. plan to wire up the 4 channel amp to the avic-n3 and run the 2 6.5s off of the front channel and my level 3 off the other 2 channels bridged at 2 ohms until the wall starts coming together more.

pictures in a few hours

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

well, i changed my mind on woofers again and will only being doing 2 - 3 18's because of space issues and because its a little cheaper on me.

on another note, i got the outer bracing put together but am pretty un happy with the turn-out because of the unstability of it, because i only had 2 1/2" long screws using 2x4's and it didnt grip deep into the other one.

should have new screws tomorrow.

i also bought 4 yards of polyester fleece.

got a few pictures if anyone wants to see them.

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg