F-150 Build Log **4-1-09** A-pillars Started

*sigh*... Im at the end of my road man... Electrical tape is all i asked and instead you give us pictures of your back seat flipped over and some bolts.. all that came to mind on that pic was "how the hell did you get a cabbage patch kid to hold a 5" long bolt"...

Best of luck Dustin and can't wait to see these new DD's youre talking about... as for 16,100 rms in that truck.. like some ppl.. believe it when it happens.. obviously youre not working all day now like you said you were earlier in the summer.. Since the monday following my graduation on saturday i have been waking up at 6 am, workin 7-3 or 4 monday thru friday as well as usually 3 nights a week at my night job from 5-9ish and nearly EVERY saturday night 3:30-9 and sunday morning 9:30-3:30... Like i said in my thread.. Theres always time for bass..

/*sigh*

-BS

*sigh*... Im at the end of my road man... Electrical tape is all i asked and instead you give us pictures of your back seat flipped over and some bolts.. all that came to mind on that pic was "how the hell did you get a cabbage patch kid to hold a 5" long bolt"...

Best of luck Dustin and can't wait to see these new DD's youre talking about... as for 16,100 rms in that truck.. like some ppl.. believe it when it happens.. obviously youre not working all day now like you said you were earlier in the summer.. Since the monday following my graduation on saturday i have been waking up at 6 am, workin 7-3 or 4 monday thru friday as well as usually 3 nights a week at my night job from 5-9ish and nearly EVERY saturday night 3:30-9 and sunday morning 9:30-3:30... Like i said in my thread.. Theres always time for bass..

/*sigh*

-BS

sorry i didnt get pics of the electrical tape for you. i will get some tomorrow. and that bolt wasnt 5 inches, more like 8 - 11. the DD z2lv's are rated 8050 RMS @ 1 ohm @ 14.4, we're a DD dealer so i get them at a pretty substantial cost, much less then club DD. i plan on running 2 of them and im hoping at least one of them will come in with our first shipment.

and yea i do work monday through friday and sometimes saturday. i work 10 - 6 though monday through friday, im just working at an audio shop now, so i have more time to work on my truck as well as when other people come in i can try and assist them.

and i started the monday full time after i graduated too, so dont feel like you're the only one in that boat. ill try and have some build pics tomorrow for you guys as far as actually building of the enclosure, but i also plan to get the wire into the toolbox so i can begin on my batteries and get the wires out of the waybecause they're gonna have to run under the truck to the tool box so i gotta pull em outta the cab and get them ran underneath the truck and ziptied as far up as possible as my boss has some connections at the chop shop and can get my bags done for a pretty sweet price, as well as my rims when i get the extra cash.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

if i was your customer and you installed some nasty shit like i would be pissed, and this is your personal truck, or should i say display truck, and you do know that radiator hoses get pretty hot to have a power cable zip tied to them.

someones also already mentioned that, it has been changed already.

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

these 2 are for BS

Posted Image

Posted Image

and here is some of todays work, uploading the rest now, probably wont post them until tomorrow but here is something to hold you guys over.

Started debadging today also.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

grommets every where the wire goes through the sheet metal :D got the holes drilled in the tool box and the bottom of the bed for the wires to run through to the batts and amps. just didnt have the time to run them between customers and phone calls..

Got my remote start from Stephen_C in the mail this morning and hoping to get it installed sometime tomorrow before i leave work all though we have about 4 cars to do.

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

and hopefully he will listen the 10th time around

:rofl: :rofl: no

seeing as you dno how to solder, i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume those wires were at least crimped before you put the tape on there, yes?

:rofl: :rofl: no

seeing as you dno how to solder, i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume those wires were at least crimped before you put the tape on there, yes?

nah, didnt know i had to crimp them with the tape on ....................................... of course they're crimped. i have 2/0 rings as well as a hammer crimper for 2/0. works GREAT!.

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

nah, didnt know i had to crimp them with the tape on ....................................... of course they're crimped. i have 2/0 rings as well as a hammer crimper for 2/0. works GREAT!.

hmm slight sarcasm in my last statement. and seeing some of your previous work you act like it was completely out of the blue ;)

at least it wasn't masking tape

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Archived