Why Does Everybody And Their Mom Have Type Rs?

I'm trying to figure out if its a culture thing, a budget thing, or what!?!?!?!

I personally hate the tone of the type Rs and think they sound horrible and would personally rather have a P3, DC lvl 3, Fi ssd, or several other solid budget woofers that are i the same budget as the type R!

background to my frustration is that the last three customers i've had have all used Type Rs and i'm getting tired of them. >_<

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

I'm trying to figure out if its a culture thing, a budget thing, or what!?!?!?!

I personally hate the tone of the type Rs and think they sound horrible and would personally rather have a P3, DC lvl 3, Fi ssd, or several other solid budget woofers that are i the same budget as the type R!

background to my frustration is that the last three customers i've had have all used Type Rs and i'm getting tired of them. >_<

-Drew

because there cheap take lots of power and abuse all day long

end of thread!

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

i have always wondered the same thing. i asked this question before and i was told to look at galactik monkeys type r build. i still dont like them but his was impressive.

----reference's----

meade916

Type R= Damn good bang for your buck.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

other than the fact that theyre cheap, reliable, take a load of power, look kinda cool, come with a warranty, and have a good profit margin, theres no reason everyone is rolling with them, besides the fact that everyone, their grandmother, and their fourth cousin twice removed knows the name alpine, and that its quality stuff

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

other than the fact that theyre cheap, reliable, take a load of power, look kinda cool, come with a warranty, and have a good profit margin, theres no reason everyone is rolling with them, besides the fact that everyone, their grandmother, and their fourth cousin twice removed knows the name alpine, and that its quality stuff

awwwww everybody knows my name!!!!!

yes i am quality :wub:

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

i agree with said qualities- but they sound horrible!! so they're reliable and take butt-loads of power they still sound like a dying cow in the process!!

i'm trying to convince the latest victim to jump on a lvl 3 15

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew