Second Skin Audio

Dual L7 15 ported design

could someone come up with a design and some dimensions for 2 L7 15's in a ported box....the room i have in my tacoma is 50 long, 32 in height and 18 in depth. im looking to have each sub in a 6.5 cuft chamber, and have the subs firing toward the windsheild and same with the port, as far as tuning i dont kno weather to go higher or lower, i do wanna enter some comps in the up coming year, this will be a daily driver but i looking for low enough bass to make your chest hurt, blurried vision, knocking rearview off, set off alarms...anyway anything is apprecaited...

6 is maxium for those things, and you're going to need a shit load of power to push them in that big of a box, over 1200w RMS to each sub, a T20001bd is a great amp, that will push the shit out of them, but I need more details, what amp are you using, and are you going to be test your dB number with these and daily beating cause tuning that sucker has alot to do with how loud it's going to be in your setup, I know the 15" L7 by heart bro. I use to own two with them last year. 150.2 on the 2005 TL, it'd hit somwhere around a 147-148 on this years. Get back up wit me.

post-11-1166222152.jpg

100_1670.jpg_thumb

post-11-1166222155.jpg

100_1671.jpg_thumb

I have this dream of this underground culture in mind, coming to life through the Audio that I build, Deep Perfection.YUKON'S SITEhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397609

yeah, the new L7's kick a$$, right now i got mine in a 8cu.ft. ported box tuned to around 33hz running 1250W RMS each, still aint got it metered yet but i'm planning on it soon. what i was wondering is how much difference in sound would there be from let's say a 8cu.ft. box to a 6 cu.ft., if they are tuned the same?

When you made an enclosure to big, you loose sound preesure, due to the scale surface area of the sub to the volume of the box. The L7 is designed max 6 cbft, over that is over kill. Lows start to bottom out with that much power in a ported enclosure. I'd love to see some pictures of the setup, to see just how the enclosure is built! I believe you and all, if you don't build it to deep it should keep the sub pressurize from the back, but but still puts the sub under strain.

I have this dream of this underground culture in mind, coming to life through the Audio that I build, Deep Perfection.YUKON'S SITEhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397609

Let me guess ?The ZX2500.1?, yeah 4 is just fine, my enclosure was 12 cbft external, so around 5.6 per sub tuned @ 28 Hz, with only 900Watts going to each, KX1200.1, I keep them in safe mode the whole time I had them, and they dropped Hz as low as 22Hz, loved the setup, the L7 15" can take it, they just aren't a good SQ sub at all!

Kicker recommends 3.0-6.0cbft for one 15" L7, but 6cbft is the max, The L series was purely designed to put air, It's the reason it was built Square. DownFall to the design is the SQ is for shit, the old models the cone would flex due to the sound pressure on it's way back out. But anything over 6cbft, is asking for a fried sub.

Kicker recommends 3.0-6.0cbft for one 15" L7, but 6cbft is the max, The L series was purely designed to put air, It's the reason it was built Square. DownFall to the design is the SQ is for shit, the old models the cone would flex due to the sound pressure on it's way back out. [glow=red,2,300]But anything over 6cbft, is asking for a fried sub.[/glow]

x2...I had all my L7s in any where from 4.1-4.8 cubic ft, each 15".