Second Skin Audio

A Dumb What Would Be Louder Thread

Ratbass, there's no sense in arguing with these guys. They'll eat you alive. If I were you I would just drop it and walk away because you aren't going to get anywhere by getting defensive. Trust me, I've been there many times and no matter how hard you try to prove your point it won't matter. But you kind of had it coming when you asked if 2 18's were going to be louder than 1 15. The fact that you are more than doubling the cone area should tell you that it is going to be louder. Even if you are splitting the power between the two. Your also talking about how bad your car is squatting, then why would you want to put the extra weight of 2 18's and a bigger heavier enclosure in a car that is already hurting as it is? Think about stuff before you make a post thats going to get flammed.

yea good luck with 1 15 and still sounding good on music. i got my 4 15s on around 4-4.5k watts and im goin around a 152 on an old term lab mic...i still gotta test it on a new mic

that right at what im doing on the new TL 152.8...i wonder what the old TL would have been?

Ratbass, there's no sense in arguing with these guys. They'll eat you alive. If I were you I would just drop it and walk away because you aren't going to get anywhere by getting defensive. Trust me, I've been there many times and no matter how hard you try to prove your point it won't matter. But you kind of had it coming when you asked if 2 18's were going to be louder than 1 15. The fact that you are more than doubling the cone area should tell you that it is going to be louder. Even if you are splitting the power between the two. Your also talking about how bad your car is squatting, then why would you want to put the extra weight of 2 18's and a bigger heavier enclosure in a car that is already hurting as it is? Think about stuff before you make a post thats going to get flammed.

+1, what more can i say

Your also talking about how bad your car is squatting, then why would you want to put the extra weight of 2 18's and a bigger heavier enclosure in a car that is already hurting as it is?

i was wondering this also