Tint Question

Btrash

I have a question about window tinting. In MN, the law is 50%, but I want to go a bit lower than that. However, I already have stock tint on it. The question is, does tinting one % level or another % level cause the second layer to be proportional over the first?

If that makes no sense, which I doubt it does, what I'm trying to say is, if I have 50% now, and add 50%.... is that theoretically gonna give me a 25%, since the first layer lets in half, and the second layer lets in half of that half??? Or is this just theoretical, but not true since the layers are right on top of each other? Has anyone actually tested this?

Also, what percent levels does tint come in. I'm thinking if i get to 25%, that would be rather noticeable compared to 50, so If i could get something higher than 50 to put over stock to bring me down to maybe 35......

Thanks in advance.

that was the theory i followed, but when i went to get my state inspection done it proved to be about right give or take a bit. in my front windows i put a double 35% and if you do the math it should end up at 12.25% when i got the inspection my windows read 10% so its a bout right....kinda

current set-up:

headunit: kenwood excelon kdc-x891

mids: front: mb quart reference 6.5s rear: pioneer TSA941 6x9

mid and high amp: performance technique ICBM-773

sub amp: kicker 08zx2500.1

subs: (2) 08s15l7d2

4.25 cubic foot sealed box

big 3 all in hooker 1/0 wiring

Sacrifice your car to the Audio Gods and DBs will come.

that was the theory i followed, but when i went to get my state inspection done it proved to be about right give or take a bit. in my front windows i put a double 35% and if you do the math it should end up at 12.25% when i got the inspection my windows read 10% so its a bout right....kinda

Thanks! Now I gotta get my police officer cousin to come over and throw his tint gun on my stock tint to see what it is at and to see what tint i should get to bring it down to where i want it. You know if there is anything higher than 50?

yup 75%

current set-up:

headunit: kenwood excelon kdc-x891

mids: front: mb quart reference 6.5s rear: pioneer TSA941 6x9

mid and high amp: performance technique ICBM-773

sub amp: kicker 08zx2500.1

subs: (2) 08s15l7d2

4.25 cubic foot sealed box

big 3 all in hooker 1/0 wiring

Sacrifice your car to the Audio Gods and DBs will come.

50% is barely noticeable, might as well just go for what looks good, since anything noticeable is illegal anyway

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

• 3 weeks later...
50% is barely noticeable, might as well just go for what looks good, since anything noticeable is illegal anyway

I like that motto. :drinks:

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner