Random Computer Freezes

I just installed a new processor on my mobo, and I made sure that the processor worked with my mobo before I bought it and it is good and everything. It seems like everytime my screen saver is on for along time like 7 or 8 hours it freezes. Its just the XP logo on the screen saver that flashes around on the screen randomly so it is nothing big. It is the 4400+ Socket 939 on the processor that I just installed. I turned the screen saver off yesterday and it never froze, but I am wondering if I gave it enough time to try or not. I just know that the 2 days that I have woken up to get on my pc, it is froze. Anyone know what the deal is?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

windows errors arent always logged into the event viewer.

what leads me to believe its a windows error is the fact your only havign the issue with the saver. have you tryed other screen savers or perhaps downloading one of your own and trying it, as there may be some kinda HDD failure where that ones stored or something of those likes.

windows errors arent always logged into the event viewer.

what leads me to believe its a windows error is the fact your only havign the issue with the saver. have you tryed other screen savers or perhaps downloading one of your own and trying it, as there may be some kinda HDD failure where that ones stored or something of those likes.

No I havent, but I am going to let it set a little bit without a saver at all so I can see if that is actually the problem. I will let you know what I find, since the savers with windows are all stored on the same part of the hdd none of them should work right (as in they should all freeze if that is the problem)?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

if its a hdd problem, it could also just be a part of the windows installation thats bad

It is just kind of weird that it does it right after I installed the new processor, also it seems to have only done it when the screen saver is on

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

I tried that, and it is updated to the latest bios out. I checked the cpu support sheet on this mobo, and it has been supported since F3 and I have F8 version, so 5 updates ago it should have worked! I also reinstalled F8 once I noticed the problem and it didnt change anything, it still froze up when the saver was on. Now on the other hand, I just got home and I havent been at my computer for a few hours now, more then enough for it to have frozen when my SS was on and it wasnt frozen, I turned on my monitor and started working again...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Try this, Turn off the standby function.

Right click on the desktop, Properties, Screen Saver, Power options.

If it's allready off, Make sure the hdd never spin down

Re enable the screen saver and wait and see if it freeze's

Waiting to see what happends

-razor5070

razor5070.png