Second Skin Audio

Help With Box And Bracing?

ok so i will be starting my build soon and i want to know if the box for 6 15" should be thicker than 3/4"?? i am doing a double top and all thread braces(4 maybe 5?) and ill prob. resin the inside all corners will be getting fiberglassed 45's some help me out ....

i was running a seald box with 4 15"(i kno ther's alot more presure inside a seald box) but i blew it a part at the seems and it was 1.5" thick???

just wanting some advice and

what should i use for my sealer iv seen it looks like people on here are using wood glue?, should i use that or liquid nail, or silicone ???

the box will be made of birch or a similar wood no mdf board

thanks

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

i would double layer the whole thing along with some threaded rod....just use a good wood glue and a FEW screws for the assembly, and you can go back and seal around all the edges with silicone, or if you plan using any resin or glass then that will work as well

i likes me some audio stuff...

i would double layer the whole thing along with some threaded rod....just use a good wood glue and a FEW screws for the assembly, and you can go back and seal around all the edges with silicone, or if you plan using any resin or glass then that will work as well

ok so you rly thnk that a few screws and wood glue will hold 6- 15" jbls at roughly 1,400rms each????

i was just thinkin more along the lines of alot of screws and more silicone(um liquid nails??) is that bad ....

i just want to get a few guys opinon i appreaciate ur rply though.....

i mean i will be using theard rod... ill post a pic of my box right quick

jbl615sboxplans2.jpg

*2013 NEW BUILD*

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

a good woodglue (titebond) will actually chemically bond the wood together and be much stronger than using liquid nails....a screw ever 5-6" i would say...but honestly once the glue is dry the screws really become useless..they are mainly there to hold the wood in place while the glue dries. and make sure you predrill your holes unless you want some ungodly wood splits...and i would also countersink them

i likes me some audio stuff...

alright man.. ill be starting the build prob. this weekend?

not for sure tho thanks for the help i just got my other 2 15's in yesterday, just waitin on my amps then she be alive ill post some pics in the build sec..

thanks

*2013 NEW BUILD*

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

a good woodglue (titebond) will actually chemically bond the wood together and be much stronger than using liquid nails....a screw ever 5-6" i would say...but honestly once the glue is dry the screws really become useless..they are mainly there to hold the wood in place while the glue dries. and make sure you predrill your holes unless you want some ungodly wood splits...and i would also countersink them

so can you help me out here iv seen guys on here resining the inside of their boxes? can i just put resin in it or do i have to lay down the matting?? ... and i was thinking like 6 thread rod braces(2 top to bottom/4 side to side on the different levels of the sides on box?) and a double top, and the front and back pannels are getting 2x4'd (outside)... will that wrk you think? i havent delt with this much power b4 like i said with my 4- 15's in a seald box(also used lquid nails :|.. i blew it apart. i dnt wana have to pull out this box to repair it....

i want it as solid as possible but i cnt double up on the rest of the box ill loose to much air space? iv heard your good so some more advice would be greatly appreceated!!

thanks matt

i met you guys at the comp in owensboro, ky at best buy...

i hope to have this out and going soon man ill have to come up and check out that 12 some time

*2013 NEW BUILD*

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

BUMP....

i just need some advice on my allthread and the resin????

help? ne one

*2013 NEW BUILD*

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

its pretty self explanitory. the threaded rod is used for bracing with nuts and washers the resin also seals seals and reinforces to a degree

thanxs for the input but i was wondering more along the lines of "can i use the resin like brush it in with out using the fiber matt??"

and with 6-15" will my box be good with like 6 thread rod braces and a double top

*2013 NEW BUILD*

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

If it was me I'd double up more than the top. As for the resin, yes you can brush it on and cover then in the corners you just tilt the box and pour it in to get the 45.

HU: JVC KD-AVX1Speakers: Stock BlazerSub: 2 Mass Destruction Car Audio Sidewinder 12"Amp: Orion HCCA-D1200 @ 1ohm (600 RMS)Box: 3.0 cubes tuned to 35