Not so regular cab Chevy - Back in business

Well today was my first full day off all week so ill be honest... I didnt feel like working. I cut one piece of wood and laid down some paint. Picked up 2 more sheets of 3/4 and 3 more 2x2's. Anyway onto the pics..

Posted Image

That light strip is going nowhere, the resin set up so slowly it had time to run all the way down the box

Posted Image

When i went to buy the window tint for the camper windows I saw the frosted flakes boat.. I love bass fishing so I figured id snap a pic while i was at a stop light

Posted Image

Tint

Posted Image

Paint/brush

Posted Image

Posted Image

Still got a few more coats to do

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not much but its somethin...

-BS

Cmon guys dont be like the stripper i ordered last night that came into my house took one look at my "system" snickered and walked out the door with my $50... That was gonna pay for my new router bit!!! :lol: (Gotta keep david laughin, when #1 posts on your thread gotta find a way to keep them there :) )

Btw Bill what kind of sealant did you use in the boot? I know it was black but that doesnt tell me much :-D

-BS

Nothing like sticking your head in the box while you glass huh? :wacko::lol:

I used windshield sealant for mine, but you can use a rtv sealant

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Nothing like sticking your head in the box while you glass huh? :wacko::lol:

I used windshield sealant for mine, but you can use a rtv sealant

Haha you got it man.. Thanks.. Ill be honest ive been a lazy fck this weekend with my placement test today and i have orientation tomorrow all day.. So basically my list of stuff to buy now:

a set of 6.5 components for the doors

a 5.25 component set for the "wall" beside the subs behind the headrests

a mids/highs amp

battery for the rear

220 amp iraggi alternator

knufleks for the battery run...

Not as short of a list as i had hoped

-BS

i see a ranger bass boat in the corner of a pic :)

i love bass fishing.

build looks sick, cant wait to see finished product

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

i see a ranger bass boat in the corner of a pic :)

i love bass fishing.

build looks sick, cant wait to see finished product

Thanks.. Hell yeah i dont remember who it is but i think the FLW tour is here on lake murray august 14th... he was practice fishin if i had to guess.. Sorry no more progress lately today at orientation just drained me. but tomorrow, wed, thurs after work looks promising.

-BS

4th of July.. No work whatsoever so i thought today was the day.. Went to sleep last night about 8:30 after work and then 3 hours on jet ski's :).

Well i woke up about 8 ish and got my ass outside at about 9:30 and got some work done and am confident i could have had it done but about 1 o clock as with all long hour builds it starts raining.. A week without it and it comes outta nowhere damn i hate the weather.

My 4" and 6.5" dayon mids will be here on monday. I ordered a couple crossovers and because i am addicted to buyin in bulk.. a 500' roll of 12 ga wire :) Hope its good quality dont wanna send it back. Im goin with 6.5" TB midbass when they come in stock. Yadda yadda yadda i know what all you pic whores care about so on with the show!

Posted Image

Cut the boot to length

Posted Image

starting the platform

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bolted to the bed

Posted Image

Wire cutout

Posted Image

Platform to raise the box and the "lower wall". Its made this way so i can still slide stuff under the box if i need to like fishing poles.

Posted Image

Cardboard/posterboard is your friend

Posted Image

"Upper wall"

Posted Image

Mocked up

Posted Image

Take a 36" wide rectangle out of this piece and imagine the box sitting there, subs tilted back and the port being at the very top with one 4" 6.5" and a tweeter on each side of it.

-BS

Looks, good. Sucks about the rain.

A little tip on painting ply, take wood putty and run it along the end of the wood. I push it in like putty then sand it. That way when you paint it, it will look smooth and won't soak up as much paint. ;)

Now put on a raincoat and get back to work :lol: :lol:

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Looks, good. Sucks about the rain.

A little tip on painting ply, take wood putty and run it along the end of the wood. I push it in like putty then sand it. That way when you paint it, it will look smooth and won't soak up as much paint. ;)

Now put on a raincoat and get back to work :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the tip! Ill have to remember that. Well its stopped raining and i havent heard thunder for about 10 minutes... ill go try my luck :) More updates later today.

-BS

Archived