Amp Rack Material Help

I am in the process of building a couple of flush amp racks. My plan is to cut a base then wrap that base with material to form the sides (similar to the attached photo, but with an amp rack). Then wrap in fabric and fiberglass accordingly. My question is what kind of material is used for the sides? In this picture (just one I found on the web) the guy said he is using some type of fiberglass material found at the hardware store; he said it is used in showers or something. Anyway, as you can see, it is not quite stiff enough to hold a crisp clean edge…it’s clearly wavy. Does anyone know what is commonly used? Corrugated (cardboard) board will not suffice as it will not wrap around my base (Rockford Fosgate Power 400T4) smoothly. I thought about some type of thin wood veneer, but not sure. I think some type of thick paper is commonly used, but not sure nor do I know where to get it if I did. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

no pic

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

I am in the process of building a couple of flush amp racks. My plan is to cut a base then wrap that base with material to form the sides (similar to the attached photo, but with an amp rack). Then wrap in fabric and fiberglass accordingly. My question is what kind of material is used for the sides? In this picture (just one I found on the web) the guy said he is using some type of fiberglass material found at the hardware store; he said it is used in showers or something. Anyway, as you can see, it is not quite stiff enough to hold a crisp clean edge…it’s clearly wavy. Does anyone know what is commonly used? Corrugated (cardboard) board will not suffice as it will not wrap around my base (Rockford Fosgate Power 400T4) smoothly. I thought about some type of thin wood veneer, but not sure. I think some type of thick paper is commonly used, but not sure nor do I know where to get it if I did. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

photo

Archived