Sundown Audio

Sundown Vs Fosgate

Becuase of that statement I vote RF T1500-1BD.

There is just something about thier bass knob That would make that amp perfect for you as long as you get rid of the Epicenter.

I think you have to buy the Punch Bass knob seperate now.

Both are very good amps

thats cool just one more?????????? I had one of these before........and I cooked it I was using it to power all 4 subs and it was running at 1 ohm...before it broke it would cut off and on sometimes.....until it cooked.......I do not

know what caused this but since this I changed out my wiring"switched form 8 gauge to 0 gauge" and I also changed my battery to kinetic 2400.....can a low current draw fry an amp???????????just do not want this to happen again,thanks

Yes

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

You need to take some time and search about info on current and how it works.

Then look at your specs and figure out what you need.

SMD has alot of very informative stuff on, Browse the electrical threads.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

The Sundown has a max rated current draw of 160a and you'll get 1500-1600watts. If you buy before the end of the month yo'll get it on sale for $425.

The RF T1500-1bd has a max rated 200a current draw and is rated at 1500watts but I'm sure it does way more like most RF amps. Someone else will have to chime in with its actual power output cause I've never had the pleasure of using one.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

I did forget that the Sundown will be alot more efficient than the Rockford from what I have read.

The RFs can drop below 70% efficient at 1 ohm. so the Sundown should be easyer on the electrical system.

Both are very good amps

Edited by ISO

Terryswork001.png

RF site-T1501-1BD

Efficiency (average) 86% @ 4-Ohm

85% @ 2-Ohm

68% @ 1-Ohm

Terryswork001.png

I did forget that the Sundown will be alot more efficient than the Rockford from what I have read.

The RFs can drop below 70% efficient at 1 ohm. so the Sundown should be easyer on the electrical system.

Both are very good amps

thanks I just bought 2 sundown 1500"s can"t wait to here what they sound like on my 4 10 inch re sx"s

I have it in a 2002 ford f150 single cab ....

• 2 weeks later...

take that epicenter out of there. I'm not sure why but the only time ive installed an acutal AC epicenter its blown both subs and amps a few times (until we took the rca out and bypassed it altogether) oddly enough ive done a few of the soundstream rip offs and none of those customers have came back. Im thinking it has alot to do with the clipping light on the soundstreams (every install i told the customer if that light turns on to turn it down otherwise shits going to blow up)

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer